Club Approval for a replacement barrel in QLD

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

Club Approval for a replacement barrel in QLD

Post by KaptainM » 08 May 2017, 7:07 pm

Hi all,

I have went to submit an online PTA for a replacement barrel for a Cat H weapon in QLD and completely forgot that you need a club approval form for a handgun. Being after hours I have had a look on the QPS website and google and can not find anything about club approval for a barrel only. My question is do I need a club approval form for a barrel only or can I just submit it?

Thank you,
Matt
KaptainM
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Club Approval for a replacement barrel in QLD

Post by Lokvo » 09 May 2017, 9:36 am

I'm not entirely sure as I've only lodged my Cat H license application and subsequent PTA at the same time but I believe a barrel is the main component that constitutes the firearm, so for all intents and purposes a 'barrel' is the firearm in the eyes of the Law/QWL. I'm basing this off the fact that you can buy replacement trigger assemblies etc. without the need for club approval or even PTA.
CZ 455 Varmint .22LR w/ Nikon P-Rimfire 2-7x32 || Henry Lever H001TMV .22LR || Howa 1500 .223REM MDT HS3 Chassis w/ Leupold VX2 6-18x40
Lokvo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by yoshie » 09 May 2017, 11:13 am

Im pretty sure you need to get club approval form and sumbit a form 10, no pta
yoshie
Sergeant
Sergeant

Australian Capital Territory

Post by KaptainM » 09 May 2017, 5:52 pm

I rang QLD weapons licensing this morning and there is no PTA or club approval form required.So I drove to the store thinking I will come out empty handed not quite sure I had the right information and will have to drive back again another day. But a barrel in QLD is just like buying a magazine. Show them you licence and it's all ok.

Thank you,
Matt
KaptainM
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Lokvo » 10 May 2017, 1:09 pm

Wow! this has blown my mind especially since I've come to naturally expect the process of getting anything firearm related to be like squeezing blood from stone. Let alone a pistol barrel. Good news all round :)
CZ 455 Varmint .22LR w/ Nikon P-Rimfire 2-7x32 || Henry Lever H001TMV .22LR || Howa 1500 .223REM MDT HS3 Chassis w/ Leupold VX2 6-18x40
Lokvo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Boo » 02 Sep 2017, 5:02 pm

If the gun's serial number is on the barrel there could be a problem.
Boo
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by KaptainM » 04 Sep 2017, 9:16 pm

Hi Boo,

It was a Lone Wolf barrel. No markings at all on it except caliber.
KaptainM
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by yoshie » 05 Sep 2017, 6:56 am

Depends whether its a spare barrel or a conversion unit (changes caliber). If you want another barrel for say a contender and it changes the class from center fire to rimfire of under 38 to over 38 then its a conversion unit, same as a rimfire kit for a 1911 or a CZ. And need a club letter. If its just a spare barrel then no pta or club letter. Conversion units need to have serial nber they dont have a serial number they need one put on, and a form 10 is used to update the police.
yoshie
Sergeant
Sergeant

Australian Capital Territory

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers