Just buy a bloody rifle

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

Just buy a bloody rifle

Post by Seik » 04 Jul 2017, 4:29 pm

Am I the only one who sees this kind of thing and thinks.... Who the hell makes this crap, and why?

So now it's as cumbersome as a rifle but without the range, power or accuracy of one.

It's like you combined all this crap to get the worst of both worlds.

tactical-pistol-setup.jpg
tactical-pistol-setup.jpg (27.43 KiB) Viewed 4438 times

That scope setup too for a pistol :?
Seik
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Re: Just buy a bloody rifle

Post by No1Mk3 » 04 Jul 2017, 4:36 pm

It is for the Tacticool folk who would love a semi-auto carbine but are forbidden by law to have one. Even though these things can only be used at an approved pistol range, they are as close as we will get to having a semi-auto. Your arguments against do not carry, range, power and accuracy don't matter at a pistol range, but fun does, Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Ed9362 » 04 Jul 2017, 5:38 pm

Doesnt anyone worry about having their support hand infront of the postols muzzle
Ed9362
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by WatchyShooter » 04 Jul 2017, 6:03 pm

Ed9362 wrote:Doesnt anyone worry about having their support hand infront of the postols muzzle

I don’t like the ones that your hands in front of the muzzle but most I’ve seen come with extended barrels that you install into the pistol first before installing into the stock, those IMO are the future of semi-auto carbines for countries like Australia until we get access to proper semis.
Firearm-less LAFO!
New shooter, guns to come soon!
WatchyShooter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by bigfellascott » 04 Jul 2017, 6:44 pm

A tactards wet dream.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by GLS_1956 » 04 Jul 2017, 7:05 pm

To each their own. Since I have the freedom to choose the type of guns I have, I'd doubt I'd get something like this, but then I have my M-1 Carbine and around a dozen other semiautomatic shoulder fired guns.
I've been asked: "How many guns do you need to have?" My answer remains the same: "One more."
GLS_1956
Sergeant
Sergeant

United States of America

Post by bladeracer » 05 Jul 2017, 12:52 am

sungazer wrote:Easier to buy a block of land and register as a primary producer and get a real semi auto carbine 10/22 or even a centerfire

You do actually have to produce though so it requires a dramatic change in lifestyle. Merely owning land does not make you a primary producer.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by juststarting » 05 Jul 2017, 2:15 am

Well now, that's a very utilitarian questions. Why would someone buy a weird looking quirky gun accessory to turn a pistol into carbine?

The answer: why not?
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by franc » 09 Jul 2017, 7:18 pm

bladeracer wrote:You do actually have to produce though so it requires a dramatic change in lifestyle. Merely owning land does not make you a primary producer.

Yep. Goes off tax records from what I've read here, have to be producing sufficient taxable income via the primary production to justify it.

Can't get one chicken and say your farming eggs.
Remington 700. .308 Winchester.
franc
Private
Private

Tasmania

Post by Lucky_No1 » 14 Jul 2017, 3:01 pm

After a recent trip to New Zealand and using one of these setups, I asked a question like the OP - The response made a lot of sense - The NZ shooters shooting 3 gun matches use these because not all the ranges are able to accept a AR-15 in .223. Some ranges are pistol cal only - the introduction of these setups allows them to still run a 3 gun match that is only approved for pistol and shotgun use.
Lucky_No1
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by WatchyShooter » 16 Jul 2017, 12:47 am

Lucky_No1 wrote:After a recent trip to New Zealand and using one of these setups, I asked a question like the OP - The response made a lot of sense - The NZ shooters shooting 3 gun matches use these because not all the ranges are able to accept a AR-15 in .223. Some ranges are pistol cal only - the introduction of these setups allows them to still run a 3 gun match that is only approved for pistol and shotgun use.

I’ve seen heaps of 9mm AR’s being used for 3 gun internationally and was assuming that it’s because of that, would be interesting too see if we could get 3 gun going in AUS with pistol, lever shotgun and a “stocked pistol” using these or something more or less the same.
We really need more gas blowback lever release rifles then 3 gun could really flourish until we have semi-autos to fill the void
Firearm-less LAFO!
New shooter, guns to come soon!
WatchyShooter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Tinked » 17 Jul 2017, 4:47 pm

A 9mm carbine AR would be heaps of fun I reckon :)

But a real one, not a lego one like the picture :lol:
Tinked
Private
Private

Australian Capital Territory

Post by Lucky_No1 » 17 Jul 2017, 6:18 pm

In NZ putting a stock on a pistol doesn't change its category, and the bloke just used one of his CZ match guns.

Thing was quick and accurate. like 25 - 50m
Lucky_No1
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers