Ruger grips

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

Ruger grips

Post by yowie » 18 Jul 2017, 9:47 pm

Does anyone make a bigger grip to suit the Ruger Blackhawk/Single six/old army Etc ????

I have huge hands and the grips only fill around 2/3 of my hand, they feel really uncomfortable and i have trouble shooting them.
I really want an old army and a BFR revolver (i am told they have the same grips) but i cant find an aftermarket grip that significantly increases the size/length of the grip.
yowie
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Re: Ruger grips

Post by wrenchman » 18 Jul 2017, 11:20 pm

look a Hogue grips
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Cryptic » 19 Jul 2017, 1:40 am

I replaced my gp100 grips with some carbon fibre from Ron at prestige grips in the states. They are a lot thicker than stock hogue and fill my hand nicely. Also a nice balance in texture between the wood and rubber option.
Depends if you want that material or not but could probably ask Ron on diff dimensions as he hand makes them.
Cryptic
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Supaduke » 19 Jul 2017, 12:19 pm

Get a nice piece of hardwood and make your own. Plenty of laser engraving places around if you want some sort of texture/stippling/checkering. You've got the originals to work off, mock some up out of pine to fine tune your idea. Wouldn't be too difficult with basic tools.
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by yoshie » 19 Jul 2017, 7:44 pm

Houge and Pacmayr
yoshie
Sergeant
Sergeant

Australian Capital Territory

Post by Atter » 08 Aug 2017, 4:04 pm

Could you put in some shims/spacer between the frame and existing grips and smooth up the edges?
Tikka T3 Hunter .260 Remington
Tikka T3 Sporter 6.5x55 SE
CZ 513 .22LR
Atter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers