Barrel length under 5 inches

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

Barrel length under 5 inches

Post by oldmateadz » 28 Sep 2017, 11:44 pm

Handgun with barrel length less than 5 inches. NSW.
I know they're prohibited, at least under a standard cat h licence. But is there a way to apply for a prohibited weapons permit to aquire one? Or some other way? I can't seem to find anything on the registry website.
Keep on Shootin'!
oldmateadz
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: Barrel length under 5 inches

Post by bladeracer » 28 Sep 2017, 11:45 pm

oldmateadz wrote:Handgun with barrel length less than 5 inches. NSW.
I know they're prohibited, at least under a standard cat h licence. But is there a way to apply for a prohibited weapons permit to aquire one? Or some other way? I can't seem to find anything on the registry website.

Probably like suppressors, you can apply but they'll never approve it.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by GLS_1956 » 29 Sep 2017, 1:13 am

And of course no criminal would ever think about taking a hacksaw to a longer barrel, after all, that's illegal.
I've been asked: "How many guns do you need to have?" My answer remains the same: "One more."
GLS_1956
Sergeant
Sergeant

United States of America

Post by Cryptic » 29 Sep 2017, 1:28 am

In QLD they can be registered on a collectors licence but then come with a whole different set of rules and limitations to when they can be used.
Cryptic
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by No1Mk3 » 29 Sep 2017, 2:46 pm

Collectors Licence. In your State you have very much the same requirements as ours, ie: must be a member of an approved collectors club, usually with a minimum membership period before licence application approved, upgraded security, prohibition on use other than approved events for which a permit has been issued etc. I am not sure if NSW requires pre-1947 only until a specific number have been collected, then upgrade to Category 2 Collectors Licence, which is the Victorian requirement. Contact a Collectors Club or NSW Registry for further info on how to apply, Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers