Hollywood magazine sizes

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

Hollywood magazine sizes

Post by agentzero » 08 Oct 2017, 1:44 pm

Having a laugh at this, watched some crappy action movie and the cop does the bit where they yell aaaaaaaarg and empty a whole magazine into the bad guy.

Standard pistol, normal length magazine which is contained inside the grip..... I had to rewind and count the number of shots and it was on for so long - 34 shots! :lol:

Totally realistic, hey :lol:
agentzero
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Tasmania

Re: Hollywood magazine sizes

Post by GLS_1956 » 08 Oct 2017, 3:09 pm

Hollyweed is well known for mucking up scenes with guns. I forget the movie's title, but it stared either Stallone or Norris, in which they had an M-60 GPMG with a single belt of ammo. During the "Shoot-em up" sequence the belt kept changing size from scene to another, sometimes 3 foot long, sometimes 8 inches long. In total the star had to have fired off well over a thousand rounds.
I've been asked: "How many guns do you need to have?" My answer remains the same: "One more."
GLS_1956
Sergeant
Sergeant

United States of America

Post by Wylie27 » 08 Oct 2017, 3:33 pm

GLS_1956 wrote:Hollyweed is well known for mucking up scenes with guns. I forget the movie's title, but it stared either Stallone or Norris, in which they had an M-60 GPMG with a single belt of ammo. During the "Shoot-em up" sequence the belt kept changing size from scene to another, sometimes 3 foot long, sometimes 8 inches long. In total the star had to have fired off well over a thousand rounds.

Rambo II

Murdoch i am coming to get you!
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by wheedle » 10 Oct 2017, 2:16 pm

It's like the car movies.

They do a "10 second drag race" and somehow the scene goes for about 2 minutes, and everyone is shifting up the whole time :lol:

Must be 30 or 40 speed gearboxes in those things :lol:
wheedle
Private
Private

Queensland

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers