H&K Delayed Shipment to Australia

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

H&K Delayed Shipment to Australia

Post by Justin9mm » 25 Feb 2018, 6:18 pm

I'm not sure if this is the right area to post but I wanted to know who else might have a HK firearm/pistol on order and have been waiting nearly 7 or more months from one particular shipment from HK to Aus.

Back in August through my Vic dealer, I had put an order in for a HK SFP9-SF (VP9 Tactical). I was originally informed there was a long awaited shipment from HK to Australia through the official distributor Hermanns and due to arrive October last year. However when October came, I was told November and then every month consecutively up until now, being told maybe by mid March with no exact ETA.

This is so frustrating as apparently there is no communication from HK nor any explanation as to why it is taking so long. The dealer has no answers and had not received much communication. This is my first pistol so I originally submitted the PTA end of September and then waited the 28 day cooling off period before the permit was issued so I would have it in time for when this gun arrived. I've had to extend the PTA and then because the original PTA has lapsed 90 days I had to complete another application which needs to be endorsed and signed off from the club again which is not easy to obtain.

Anyone ever heard of this or had any issues like this?
Justin9mm
Private
Private

Victoria

Re: H&K Delayed Shipment to Australia

Post by sungazer » 25 Feb 2018, 6:53 pm

Sounds strange from my experience the LGS can call the importer and get pretty good information on the shipment and what has been promised to who. The importer should have good communication with the supplier.
I have been in the store and the LGS has called Beretta for example and got all that sort of information over the phone while I wait. I would ask again double check call the importer yourself if not satisfied. Even take it to the manufacturer or distributor.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by Justin9mm » 25 Feb 2018, 8:28 pm

sungazer wrote:Sounds strange from my experience the LGS can call the importer and get pretty good information on the shipment and what has been promised to who. The importer should have good communication with the supplier.
I have been in the store and the LGS has called Beretta for example and got all that sort of information over the phone while I wait. I would ask again double check call the importer yourself if not satisfied. Even take it to the manufacturer or distributor.

I spoke with the importer/distributor which is Hermanns, AFAIK they know that they have already been boxed up and ready to ship and waiting on a signature from the German minister which I believe has been about a month. But no other specific details as to why it's been so long before that. I've been calling my LGS and Hermanns almost twice a month since October.

I've now sent HK in Germany an email today because the whole thing is BS!!

Edit: HK Are taking the piss because AFAIK every time the ETA provided by them comes round, they just extend it to next month every month. My LGS is like they said end of October, end of October comes, LGS says 'oh now they said end of November' and so on. Now I've been given mid March ETA. Like WTF!!
Justin9mm
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by andreweden » 25 Feb 2018, 8:55 pm

If the problem is an export licence, it’s hardly HKs fault.
That is govt bureaucracy.
andreweden
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Justin9mm » 25 Feb 2018, 9:16 pm

andreweden wrote:If the problem is an export licence, it’s hardly HKs fault.
That is govt bureaucracy.

That has only been the delay in the last few weeks to a month apparently.
Justin9mm
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Cryptic » 26 Feb 2018, 1:02 am

HK are not fans of Australia. Goes back to a ban on some of their stuff years ago. HK at one point didnt want to deal with us at all.
Cryptic
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Cryptic » 26 Feb 2018, 1:08 am

Heres the background I was looking for. HK did battle with our gov over their R8 being banned and pretty much pulled their products totally after that for some time.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009/10/21/hk-pissed-off-with-australian-goverment/
Cryptic
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Wylie27 » 26 Feb 2018, 6:12 am

No pistol is worth this kind of wait..

Seriously start looking at other brands.

If you are having this much problem purchasihg it, imagine what warranty repairs or spare parts are going to be like. It could end up being a very expensive paperweight.
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by AusTac » 26 Feb 2018, 6:35 am

Just go get a glock :silent: :thumbsup:
Certified part time hillbilly
AusTac
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by Oldbloke » 26 Feb 2018, 7:13 am

Wylie27 wrote:No pistol is worth this kind of wait..

If you are having this much problem purchasihg it, imagine what warranty repairs or spare parts are going to be like. It could end up being a very expensive paperweight.

+1 just bulls**t
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Justin9mm » 26 Feb 2018, 9:20 am

Wylie27 wrote:No pistol is worth this kind of wait..

True. But I have already just submitted a new PTA application to LRD for it.

What makes it worse is that I'm a member of a particular club that conspired to oust our former President and in November last year we had a brand new Committee voted in. A committee which seems to be committed in getting rid of any pistol shooters not shooting Air or a maximum of .22 calibre for their Olympic style comps. My previous PTA was approved by the former President last year no worries and then I had to fight to get this one approved. It's like a Nazi dictatorship at the moment. LRD was more accommodating telling me that they'll backdate the application so I don;t have to wait the 28 day cooling off period again before they issue the permit.

I spent a year researching this particular pistol and this is the striker fired pistol I want that I know is reliable and shoots well and will be adequate out of the box for IPSC and Service Match comps. I've shot this gun and I like this gun, I'm all about the ergonomics, I just feel better and shoot better when it feels good in my hand.
Justin9mm
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Wylie27 » 26 Feb 2018, 1:07 pm

then it sounds like you need to wait. How much more are you willing to wait for this before looking at a glock walther ppq? Not having a go at your choices.

Sounds like you need to change clubs too. Does your club shoot IPSC and service?
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by wanneroo » 26 Feb 2018, 1:24 pm

Get a Walther PPQ.

It's a running joke in the USA about how little H&K likes it's customers.

Understand that H&K is actually not a large company. They've often made their money licencing designs, technology and tooling. Their factory space is pretty small I hear from those that have seen it. And most importantly to you, H&K makes their products in batches, there isn't a continuous assembly line. They'll make a bunch of VP9 pistols for instance and then push the machinery to the side and then make something else for a while. This makes it very hard to keep consistent supplies of stock in place.

However H&K has wised up and like Sig Sauer, has opened a bigger plant in the USA that will have fewer trade restrictions than Germany and it's a decent sized plant.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by JimmyS » 26 Feb 2018, 4:53 pm

I ordered a CZ 527 LH back in September of 2017, it's now almost March 2018....
I don't know if I'm getting f***ed around, but apparently the order hasn't come in yet - mind you I bought this from a "reputable" gun shop.
I know this s**t is slow, but it's almost been 6 months.
Does anyone think this is normal?
JimmyS
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by No1Mk3 » 26 Feb 2018, 7:32 pm

G'day Jimmy S,
Yes, it is normal. Australia is very small fry on the International Gun Totem Pole, with our entire country doing less business for some makers than a single US city. Any delays are nothing to do with the retailer, reputable or not, as they can only go by what the wholesaler tells them and cannot usually contact the maker directly. Welcome to the very small world of Australian Gun Imports, Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Justin9mm » 26 Feb 2018, 7:46 pm

Wylie27 wrote:then it sounds like you need to wait. How much more are you willing to wait for this before looking at a glock walther ppq? Not having a go at your choices.

Sounds like you need to change clubs too. Does your club shoot IPSC and service?

I've researched the s**t out of those guns and also shot them more than once.. Out of the box for the price range, the VP9 is better imo than the Glock & PPQ.. Unless you talking about the Q5 Match but that's not in the same price range.

Yeah my club has lots of Service Match and IPSC comp days in a month plus training for them.
Justin9mm
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Hermanns Guns » 01 Jun 2018, 12:08 pm

Hi All,

The waiting time was very frustrating and we do apologize for the delay, we hope in the future we can keep up with orders. I can confirm we have the HK SFP9-SF Tactical in stock as of a month or so ago.
Hermanns Guns
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Justin9mm » 01 Jun 2018, 1:43 pm

Hermanns Guns wrote:Hi All,

The waiting time was very frustrating and we do apologize for the delay, we hope in the future we can keep up with orders. I can confirm we have the HK SFP9-SF Tactical in stock as of a month or so ago.

Thank you for getting mine straight away to my LGS by the way when I followed up with you, I think it was one day between you getting your hands on them and sending mine to O'Reillys. I was really impressed with that, thanks so much!
Justin9mm
Private
Private

Victoria

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers