4WD Purchase

Four wheel driving. Vehicle modifications. Off road driving and recovery techniques. Towing and miscellaneous vehicle topics.

Re: 4WD Purchase

Post by Daddybang » 31 Jul 2018, 7:03 am

madang55 wrote:You'd reckon that buying a car would be simple. So, I decide to buy this car,(BT50), the salesman agrees to give me whatever for my car as a trade-in. I pay a deposit, sign some papers, during which I comment to the salesman, "your handwriting is crap" and go home with a smile on my face. On my way home...salesman calls me, says there is a financial hold on my car, the one I own and am trading in.(refer to PPSR) My comment, "bovine droppings!!!" A week later, after some very creative detective work and some descriptive emails, several visits to 2 different bank branches, I discover....that......4 years after I pay cash for my car, a car is sold in Wodonga. A highly educated, highly motivated sales person in Wodonga, writes down the VIN for the vehicle they are selling, and........the next person in line, types that VIN, transcribes the VIN, to the sales contract and finance agreement. ONLY ONE THING WENT WRONG. Who ever was the primary school teacher of the person who wrote down the VIN didn't cane the little toad enough during handwriting class. The VIN for both cars is EXACTLY the same except for the very last digit. My VIN ends in 20525, the car they sold has the VIN ending in 20528. 10 days later and I'm still waiting to pick up my BT50. Wodonga have contacted the bank with the hold on the wrong car. The bank say thankyou. I'm ready to bite the heads off budgies, neither of them have contacted me. When I do pick my new/old car up, guess what they are going to do.....re-write the whole contract in legible hand writing. This is why Asylums were invented, I'm booking in.

Mate I know it's probably to soon but..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by madang55 » 07 Aug 2018, 10:01 pm

Just saying....anyone ever put a 20,000lb winch on a dual cab?
My wife knows me well.
The dog often reminds me of that
madang55
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by madang55 » 07 Aug 2018, 10:05 pm

OH, and I finally picked the BT50 up. But....the story aint over yet, and I may still need the white jacket with the long arms. And, no I will not bore you with the details, suffice to say I am days away from going to VACC, the Ombudsman, my mates wife the QC, a shady character on a stool in the dark corner of the seediest pub I can find.
My wife knows me well.
madang55
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Bigjobss » 08 Aug 2018, 1:15 am

madang55 wrote:Just saying....anyone ever put a 20,000lb winch on a dual cab?

I am no auto elec but that sounds like a problem in the making without some electrical upgrades, I may be wrong but surely a standard setup would struggle to run that at capacity for any usefull period of time under load.
Bigjobss

Post by Daddybang » 08 Aug 2018, 6:48 am

Bigjobss wrote:
madang55 wrote:Just saying....anyone ever put a 20,000lb winch on a dual cab?

I am no auto elec but that sounds like a problem in the making without some electrical upgrades, I may be wrong but surely a standard setup would struggle to run that at capacity for any usefull period of time under load.

+1 :thumbsup: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by madang55 » 08 Aug 2018, 6:46 pm

Picked the BT50 up this afternoon. Broken earth wire on engine block. Car yard were very good about it all
My wife knows me well.
madang55
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Previous

Return to Four wheel driving and off road travel