Waterproof gore-tex riding pants not waterpoof

Four wheel driving. Vehicle modifications. Off road driving and recovery techniques. Towing and miscellaneous vehicle topics.

Re: Waterproof gore-tex riding pants not waterpoof

Post by PCHammond » 31 Dec 2018, 8:55 pm

Lorgar wrote:
PCHammond wrote:I even use it while fishing on saltwater and then chuck it in the washing machine when I get home.

And do you need to reapply the sealant again after running it through the machine each time?

Or just sporadically as it wears out?

I have never reapplied anything. Never had any problem
PCHammond
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Lorgar » 02 Jan 2019, 9:58 am

Noisydad wrote:Having worked outdoors in all weather for all bar 7 years of my working life I've developed a theory that I'm testing...
Regardless of what you wear, if you go outside in the rain you're gunna get wet!

Whaaat? Where do you come up with this nonsense?! :lol:

PCHammond,

Thanks for the info, something to keep in mind for future gear.
Lorgar
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 21 Feb 2019, 9:50 am

Hey Lorgar,,,,,, This might sound silly, but it works. (especially where you live)
In my younger days, and living down thataway where it rains incessantly and gets freezing cold, I got sick of getting wet and freezin my *** off

Solution > Wear a Wet Suit

As long as gloves and neck wraps cover the obvious entry points, you stay dry and warm. :thumbsup: (sometimes too warm, and then ya sweat) :thumbsdown:

But hey,,,,,,,,,,,,,, this ain't a perfect world :drinks:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Return to Four wheel driving and off road travel