Vehicle Vandalisation while parked and away hunting

Four wheel driving. Vehicle modifications. Off road driving and recovery techniques. Towing and miscellaneous vehicle topics.

Re: Vehicle Vandalisation while parked and away hunting

Post by bigrich » 06 Aug 2019, 5:39 pm

bigfellascott wrote:Bung some Rainbow Pride Stickers on it, I'm sure it will be fine then.

y'know scott , i was thinking that in the spirit of public relations , you could take your rainbow stickered vehicle to the next sydney mardi gras . ;) i'm not judging, but there must be some gay shooters in the sport who could demonstrate to the general public how accepting , law abiding and inclusive the shooting community is . there must be some gay shooters out there , i mean who keeps buying all those muzzle braked 308 and 6.5 man bun tacticool rifles ?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: okay , abuse and trolling commence now ............ :D :thumbsup:

:drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by flutch » 06 Aug 2019, 8:46 pm

TassieTiger wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:NO no probs ever. You can get apps that can detect cameras now!

Really?? Do you have s link - I’ve lost some of mine...

the apps use the camera on the phone/tab to pick up the IR signal from the trail cams. if they have been lost where you put them, likelihood is theyre flat and no app will find them.
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by mickb » 25 Aug 2019, 11:07 am

The farm invaders aren't hippies and vegans anyway, they are usually professional protest contractors first and foremost. I remember when all the adverts came up on seek.com for them. I think they were asking for 'policy consultants, short term contract, decent hourly rate' etc. It worries me who and at what level is funding this crap and why the government semi-tolerates it.
mickb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by southeast varmiter » 25 Aug 2019, 11:50 am

mickb wrote:The farm invaders aren't hippies and vegans anyway, they are usually professional protest contractors first and foremost. I remember when all the adverts came up on seek.com for them. I think they were asking for 'policy consultants, short term contract, decent hourly rate' etc. It worries me who and at what level is funding this crap and why the government semi-tolerates it.

Because it’s corporate sponsored. They want control over these industries. Mafia tactics.
southeast varmiter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Sarco » 26 Aug 2019, 10:43 pm

The funding must come from somewhere!
Look at the last Vic state election.
The Animal Justice Party fielded at least one candidate in each upper house seat and also a candidate in many lower house seats.
This costs a huge amount of money. Simple question:

Where has the money come from and particularly in what is actually quite a short period of time?

I would doubt crowd funding would produce the amounts required.

Sarco
Sarco
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Archie » 27 Aug 2019, 10:43 am

Sarco wrote:The funding must come from somewhere!
Look at the last Vic state election.
The Animal Justice Party fielded at least one candidate in each upper house seat and also a candidate in many lower house seats.
This costs a huge amount of money. Simple question:

Where has the money come from and particularly in what is actually quite a short period of time?

I would doubt crowd funding would produce the amounts required.

Sarco

Campaigning costs money if you are doing it with proper consultants, decent travel budgets etc like a major party does - which is not how AJP does it. Advertising on radio and tv costs money. But simply running a candidate costs almost nothing. Doing press conferences in a park, turning up at other events like fairs and so forth costs nothing. Posters on telephone poles are cheap, especially if put up by volunteers. It costs $350 for a state candidate deposit in Victoria and if you get 4% of the vote you get your money back.

Winning lower house seats can get expensive. Running in them as a vanity project isn't. I wouldn't read too much into the funding aspect.
Archie
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by GojiraSteve » 01 Sep 2019, 8:55 pm

Some bloke posted about a swag being pinched from his camp in a new state forest the other day.
First actual incident I've ever heard of.
Meanwhile the "what do folks do to deter thieves on public land" question comes up about a dozen times a year.
GojiraSteve
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Four wheel driving and off road travel