CF Moto 500 ATV Quad Bike.

Four wheel driving. Vehicle modifications. Off road driving and recovery techniques. Towing and miscellaneous vehicle topics.

CF Moto 500 ATV Quad Bike.

Post by JimTom » 11 May 2019, 7:23 pm

Had a look at a second hand one of these today. Anyone have any experience with this brand, anything positive or negative to report?
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Re: CF Moto 500 ATV Quad Bike.

Post by Bent Arrow » 12 May 2019, 10:10 am

Interested to hear what feedback you get on this. I'm contemplating a 550 UTV, and spent a few hours looking through reviews a couple of weeks ago. There's a few gripes, but I found that is the case for the big brand ones as well. I can buy a brand new one with 2 year warranty for the same price as a second hand big name brand, and there is very few second hand ones that come onto the market locally.......
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Bruiser64 » 25 May 2019, 11:04 am

Bent Arrow wrote:Interested to hear what feedback you get on this. I'm contemplating a 550 UTV, and spent a few hours looking through reviews a couple of weeks ago. There's a few gripes, but I found that is the case for the big brand ones as well. I can buy a brand new one with 2 year warranty for the same price as a second hand big name brand, and there is very few second hand ones that come onto the market locally.......

The CF Moto does look to be very good value. Our local bike shop sells the CF Moto. The owner of the business (who I have known for a long time) reckons they aren’t bad. He was quite clear you weren’t paying Canam or Polaris money, so they won’t have the same quality. Be that as it may, I like the look of the Honda 500 utv. They are narrower and don’t need as big a trailer to be towed on. I have owned Honda motorcycles and cars and the quality and reliability has been very good. I do know a bloke who shoots from a CF Moto utv and he is very happy with it.
Bruiser64
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Bent Arrow » 25 May 2019, 12:34 pm

I've got a couple of Yamaha dirties in the shed, they have never missed a beat, neither did the Honda I had donkey's years ago. I just can't see double the build quality in the Honda utv's to justify double the price compred to the CF Moto.....

Just this week I was getting quotes to hire a diesel kubota for work, and noticed the hire company has the CF Moto's available for hire too. The guy I spoke with reckons that they don't have any more problems than any of the other brands, but aren't quite as easy to service simply by virtue of poorer positioning of filters etc.
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Jeff303 » 25 May 2019, 8:21 pm

We had a couple of dirt bikes for the kids. Miles above other chinese stuff , & took an absolute caning. Parts were piss easy & so cheap it was ridiculous.
Sons master cylinder on the rear brake got a leak, rang up , ordered one , paid 60 bucks, nek minnit, entire rear brake assembly turns up , pre bled, ready to go. Got an entire upgraded engine for 350 delivered, not even warranty, i stuffed it pissed one night playing mechanic.
Not jap quality, but not jap price either.
Wouldnt hesitate to buy
Jeff303
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by FNQ » 28 Jul 2019, 9:46 pm

Did we end up getting a CF Moto?
Gamo CF.177, Savage A.22ss, JW15A, Savage 42 .22/.410, Stirlng .22MAG, Howa .223 stainless, Remington 770 .308, Savage AXIS .30-06, #4 MK1 .303, #4 MK2 .303,#5 .303, Akkar Churchill O/U 12ga, Chippa lever 12ga.

GSM 1911 .22, Glock 17A 9mm, Glock 34 9mm
FNQ
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by JimTom » 29 Jul 2019, 11:57 am

No mate I didn’t end up getting it, had a closer look and I think the seller may have abused it somewhat in its former life. Found some melted plastic guards which to me indicate engine got fairly warm at some stage.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Return to Four wheel driving and off road travel