Mini trailer for suzuki jimny

Four wheel driving. Vehicle modifications. Off road driving and recovery techniques. Towing and miscellaneous vehicle topics.

Mini trailer for suzuki jimny

Post by mickb » 18 Jun 2019, 9:12 am

Looking to get a trailer for a little suzuki jimny, just for hunting and rock fossicking trips to allow me to bring back some more 'spoils'. Havent decided on size but a 6x4 might be a bit overkill for the purpose,( it also takes up half of the Jimny's 350kg braked towing capacity lol) but this also the smallest trailer I have used. Anyone have experience with even smaller trailers , luggage trailers etc but are still moderately offroad worthy?
mickb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Re: Mini trailer for suzuki jimny

Post by flutch » 18 Jun 2019, 10:58 am

The old man has a trailer at home that's old as the hills and he says they were as common as sh¡t house flies years ago, bound to be a heap around, his one belonged to my late grampa who had a little diahatsu 4x4 thingy, only half the width of a normal box trailer
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by combo12 » 18 Jun 2019, 3:06 pm

Aunger 3X4 trailers were available from Repco at one time. Flat pack kit. Suits the Jimny. 220kg payload = 1/4 tonne or near enough.
combo12
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by tophet1 » 18 Jun 2019, 4:04 pm

Have towed a 5x4 bike trailer behind one and that was too big loaded at legal speeds. Stick to the 4x3.
tophet1
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by yoshie » 22 Jun 2019, 6:15 pm

combo12 wrote:Aunger 3X4 trailers were available from Repco at one time. Flat pack kit. Suits the Jimny. 220kg payload = 1/4 tonne or near enough.

I had one of these and it was absolutely unreversable, springs were very springy. I used to pull it with a sierra. They were only rated to 80kp/h. I ended up selling it and bought a 6x4. My 92 sierra has not problems pulling a 6x4 with garden waste or a fridge. I wouldn't load the trailer up
yoshie
Sergeant
Sergeant

Australian Capital Territory

Post by mickb » 26 Jun 2019, 1:50 pm

cheers mate
mickb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Return to Four wheel driving and off road travel