No motorcycle riding on Sundays.

Four wheel driving. Vehicle modifications. Off road driving and recovery techniques. Towing and miscellaneous vehicle topics.

No motorcycle riding on Sundays.

Post by bladeracer » 07 Dec 2019, 11:20 pm

Government doesn't want us riding dirt bikes on our own properties.

"If legislated, the council would ban the use of motorbikes on Sundays and outside the hours of 7:00am and 6:00pm, aiming to reduce noise.

Landowners would also need to apply for permits to operate recreational vehicles at all, unless the property was deemed to be a commercial farm.

Mr Riley said the use of motorbikes is central to rural living, and a very popular recreational activity for young people in the region."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12-04/south-gippsland-shire-residents-furious-over-law-changes/11756952
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Re: No motorcycle riding on Sundays.

Post by Wombat » 08 Dec 2019, 8:13 am

The creep of urbanization, Idiots wanting to apply suburban rules in the bush.
Another example would be my block, as long as I can remember we have only had to slash a 4 meter strip along the fence line. This year I have to slash or cut all grass to under 75mm.
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 08 Dec 2019, 8:24 am

I think this issue had gotten a lot of traction.. hopefully they come up with reasonable amendments. But it does look like a major cash grab by the council. Permits for roosters, animals, caravans, rec vehicles.

This is why I think council are a rort.... They should just be disbanded... why do we need 3 to levels of government.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by No1_49er » 08 Dec 2019, 10:08 am

Go here https://www.aec.gov.au/Elections/refere ... esults.htm and look at the results for 25 Jul 1988, and 20 Apr 1974. Both those attempts failed.
As recently as 2013, the Rudd era, the same thing was proposed again, but elections scuttled the idea.
I believe also that there might have been a realisation that a third rejection would mean that the idea could NEVER be proposed again.
The fact that local body councils are NOT recognised by the Constitution of Australia begs the question: How do WE THE PEOPLE allow this to continue?
Check out this document https://kmcorke.com.au/wp-content/uploa ... -Notes.pdf and note the highlighted text on page 12 (of 38).
Responsibility for local government is not mentioned anywhere in the Constitution, and is therefore the responsibility of the states.
How can the creation of various "Local Government Acts" be held as being valid, when referendum (2x) have rejected the notion?
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by cracker » 08 Dec 2019, 6:51 pm

bladeracer wrote:Government doesn't want us riding dirt bikes on our own properties.

"If legislated, the council would ban the use of motorbikes on Sundays and outside the hours of 7:00am and 6:00pm, aiming to reduce noise.

Landowners would also need to apply for permits to operate recreational vehicles at all, unless the property was deemed to be a commercial farm.

Mr Riley said the use of motorbikes is central to rural living, and a very popular recreational activity for young people in the region."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12-04/south-gippsland-shire-residents-furious-over-law-changes/11756952

who would ride outside of 7am or 6pm anyway..
on another note go get f-d its my land and ill ride me dam dirt bike when ever i want.
cracker
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 08 Dec 2019, 6:53 pm

cracker wrote:who would ride outside of 7am or 6pm anyway..
on another note go get f-d its my land and ill ride me dam dirt bike when ever i want.

We're up at 0600 to water the cows, and we go out again around 2000-ish to check them before the night. Fancy needing a bloody permit to go and check on your own cattle.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 08 Dec 2019, 6:56 pm

I didn't know you were in South Gippsland shire.

Hopefully there are plenty of objections to the plans
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 08 Dec 2019, 7:01 pm

Ziad wrote:I didn't know you were in South Gippsland shire.

Hopefully there are plenty of objections to the plans

I'm outside South Gippsland shire, should I just pretend it's not happening because it doesn't affect me...yet?
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Wombat » 08 Dec 2019, 8:34 pm

I used to ride the fenceline when I got home from work 2-3 times a week, checking for branches or other shorts on the electric fence etc Slow and relatively quiet on an AG bike, but still.
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by sungazer » 09 Dec 2019, 7:00 am

Yes it is a most stupid law for anyone that has land of any size probably 5 acres or bigger even two acres would be big enough to have a kids bike on.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 09 Dec 2019, 10:56 am

No blade not at all
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 09 Dec 2019, 2:13 pm

bladeracer wrote:I'm outside South Gippsland shire, should I just pretend it's not happening because it doesn't affect me...yet?

Sorry Ziad, I just read that and it comes across a bit sarcastic I think, that was not my intent.
It was more along the lines of, even if it were in another country we should still be pissed about it :-)

I'll add a copy-and-paste from a discussion I had with my brother the other night about something else:
"Why does the government have to fix anything? Why can't people do the research and make changes in their own lives if they feel it necessary? Government needs to f*** right out of people's lives. They're supposed to manage the country, not the people."
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 09 Dec 2019, 4:29 pm

Lol I think the issue is council's think they matter and thus want to have a stand and vice. What they don't realise is that their job is to work in the background and not be standing for ovation.

In our council of casey... They built a huge white elephant of a new council office/library/performance arts centre, where there is one similar building in the council or cardinal (less than 20km away).

But what's interesting only 3k ish people voted for each councillor, it's the most secretive council in the state, and as evident one of the most corrupt one as well.

They are hidden from the media and hence get away with some ridiculous stuff... just heard a bayside metro council had banned using heatbeads in a bbq throughout the year in people's backyards.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Wombat » 09 Dec 2019, 5:49 pm

Ah, but its not an elected council, they got replaced by the State government along with a couple of others.......
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 09 Dec 2019, 7:23 pm

You sure about that?
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Wombat » 09 Dec 2019, 9:29 pm

Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by flutch » 11 Dec 2019, 10:15 pm

simple, buy a Decibel meter and make as much noise as you legally can between those hours. even when youre not home. its what I would do haha
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 13 Dec 2019, 6:40 pm

The great southern star are reporting that these proposed laws have been permanently axed
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Return to Four wheel driving and off road travel