4WD and camping set ups

Four wheel driving. Vehicle modifications. Off road driving and recovery techniques. Towing and miscellaneous vehicle topics.

Re: 4WD and camping set ups

Post by Blr243 » 15 Feb 2020, 2:40 pm

I have a carprnty customer at Redcliffe and another one in cent q. They both know people who have been accidentally shot dead on hunting trips. Thinking about it gives me creeps. Now that I think about it I know of two kiwis who collected shrapnel from ricochets ........ one of them had a little bit of lead in his forehead under the skin. It sealed over and gave him headaches for years. Then one day they worked out why he had headaches so they cut his head open to take away the lead now he is all good with no more head aches and he prob don’t hunt with the same friends
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by JoshR77 » 01 Mar 2021, 2:48 pm

Potatoes wrote:I don’t have pics but packing all those essentials in a lightweight setup is the go. One of the best hing i made was a solar powered battery box. Runs leds, charges phones, cameras, Etc. and i even use it to run a little fan in the tent in summer. A cheap pop up 3x3 gazebo is pretty nifty too for shade a camp kitchen. Another handy thing that weighs f all is square bit of shade cloth from bunnings as a ground matt. The water, sand and dirt falls back though it. But by far the best investment i have made is the reclining lounge chair for that all important arvo nap when the day drinks catch up with you.

Nice addition!
If you can`t change the situation - change yor reaction.
JoshR77
Recruit
Recruit

United States of America

Post by on_one_wheel » 01 Mar 2021, 6:51 pm

I'm glad to see everyone's camps are looking tidy rather than a nest of beer cans and rubbish.
Take only photos
Leave only footprints
20210301_191730.jpg
20210301_191730.jpg (224.9 KiB) Viewed 7125 times
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by idiomatically » 21 Nov 2022, 7:23 pm

This is our favourite swag setup, if we take the kids we take the Cub Camper also depends a bit on how long we're gone and where we are going.
idiomatically
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Return to Four wheel driving and off road travel