Gerry cans on sale good price

Four wheel driving. Vehicle modifications. Off road driving and recovery techniques. Towing and miscellaneous vehicle topics.

Gerry cans on sale good price

Post by Blr243 » 03 Aug 2020, 6:58 am

Since covid , Gerry can prices have sort of doubled. It wood hurt me to pay 50 or 60 for one. But now , for one week they are on sale at anaconda. 30 bucks each
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Re: Gerry cans on sale good price

Post by Tubs » 29 Oct 2020, 1:02 pm

Keep an eye out at Aldi, bought two solid metal ones for thirty bucks a pop. The quality and seals are good!
Tubs
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Ziege » 29 Oct 2020, 1:40 pm

Ive decided to buy Fuel Drums, local servos here want $1.25+ for diesel and $1.40+ for 98ron at the fuel depot (200L minimum purchase) in the next town over Diesel is 98c a L and 98Ron is $1.04L Sure the price fluctuates but far out... Im perplexed how I can buy thinners barrels for 15 bucks but somehow a crappy old jerry can is fetching 70+ bucks at the usual suspects
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by Skinna » 29 Oct 2020, 4:13 pm

Ziege wrote:Ive decided to buy Fuel Drums, local servos here want $1.25+ for diesel and $1.40+ for 98ron at the fuel depot (200L minimum purchase) in the next town over Diesel is 98c a L and 98Ron is $1.04L Sure the price fluctuates but far out... Im perplexed how I can buy thinners barrels for 15 bucks but somehow a crappy old jerry can is fetching 70+ bucks at the usual suspects

Four key words...

Share holders...and...Management bonuses... :thumbsup:
Skinna
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Skinna » 29 Oct 2020, 4:17 pm

Blr243 wrote:Since covid , Gerry can prices have sort of doubled. It wood hurt me to pay 50 or 60 for one. But now , for one week they are on sale at anaconda. 30 bucks each

Any chance you can put up a link...?

Cant see those prices down here & i want to get another couple...
I regret not getting them couple years ago--i got 2 from BCF...great palstic cans at $29 each...i just figured thats always been the price of them for the last 20 odd years so never expected them to double...thieving bustards...
Skinna
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Blr243 » 29 Oct 2020, 5:37 pm

Can’t do the link mate. That was a while ago I just saw them on sale in the shop. For thirty years now I have been carting Plastic Gerry cans. It amazes me that I have not yet punctured one .....I recently made some sheet metal specific compartments so now they are in a situation where they are out of the way , secure. And with nothing near them to rupture them
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 30 Oct 2020, 6:06 am

Skinna wrote:
Ziege wrote:Ive decided to buy Fuel Drums, local servos here want $1.25+ for diesel and $1.40+ for 98ron at the fuel depot (200L minimum purchase) in the next town over Diesel is 98c a L and 98Ron is $1.04L Sure the price fluctuates but far out... Im perplexed how I can buy thinners barrels for 15 bucks but somehow a crappy old jerry can is fetching 70+ bucks at the usual suspects

Four key words...

Share holders...and...Management bonuses... :thumbsup:

My cuz works at SCA - if we go in to store with them, we get 40% off almost everything, including BCF stores...whilst some ppl might denounce buying cheap from China - big business won’t stop...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Return to Four wheel driving and off road travel