Hi Lift Jacks

Four wheel driving. Vehicle modifications. Off road driving and recovery techniques. Towing and miscellaneous vehicle topics.

Re: Hi Lift Jacks

Post by madang55 » 07 Nov 2021, 10:11 am

In actual fact one of the main reasons I got this jack is to pull fence posts. I'm installing a spa in an area surrounded by concreted in short posts and I just know that having to dig them out would be the end of Me. If I pull them straight up it will leave a couple of nice neat holes in the right place for when I put in new posts for the fence around the spa. The BT50 is a bonus use after spa.
My wife knows me well.
The dog often reminds me of that
madang55
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 07 Nov 2021, 12:06 pm

If those posts have a decent amount of concrete around them a HiLift may not do the job.
One of the problems in trying to jack posts out (especially so) if they are short,,,,,,,,, is that the mast of the jack pulls forward as you apply pressure.
If that happens if you have two jacks (borrow a second ?) and jack simultaneously from opposing sides may do the trick.
Put a 6" wide plank of timber vertically on top of the short post and allow the jack masts to ride against each other (the plank in between)

Failing that,,,,,,,,, get a bobcat in to do it for you.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by madang55 » 07 Nov 2021, 2:44 pm

Very correct. I actually watch some fencing guys one day and saw the ease with which they were pulling. Can also wrap some chain around the short ones and pull from almost directly above. The beauty of these posts is they are only about a foot deep. Only supporting a short picket fence. Secret is gently gently and don't lose any more fingers
My wife knows me well.
madang55
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 07 Nov 2021, 7:07 pm

madang55 wrote:Very correct. I actually watch some fencing guys one day and saw the ease with which they were pulling. Can also wrap some chain around the short ones and pull from almost directly above. The beauty of these posts is they are only about a foot deep. Only supporting a short picket fence. Secret is gently gently and don't lose any more fingers

WTF,,,,,, :shock:
Only a foot deep ???
Just nudge em with yer bullbar.

100_4854.JPG
100_4854.JPG (642.95 KiB) Viewed 2408 times
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by madang55 » 07 Nov 2021, 7:26 pm

Bull bar? I could, have to take down several meters of pergola. Think I will just pull them. Maybe 18 inches. I've over/under estimated lengths before, but it will be neater.
My wife knows me well.
madang55
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Previous

Return to Four wheel driving and off road travel