Trail Bikes- grrrrrr I hate'm.

Four wheel driving. Vehicle modifications. Off road driving and recovery techniques. Towing and miscellaneous vehicle topics.

Trail Bikes- grrrrrr I hate'm.

Post by Oldbloke » 12 Oct 2022, 2:06 pm

I found this trail bike damage in a SF near me the other day while I was out on an armed bush walk.

I believe it's 15 penalty points for my dog to piss or even step in a NP, even on a lead. Currently a pp in Victoria is $184.92 . 15 points for pissing. That's
$2773.80

I have no issue with sharing SF with trail bikes, hate the noise tho. Should be muffled better.

Yet trail bikes seem to be getting away with the damage you see below. Everytime i visit the area its worse. The gruberment even provides them with parking and loading areas. They are required to stay on made/formed tracks, not make them if you call it that. Just destruction of forest if you ask me.

Grrrrrrrr

There are miles and miles of this sh1t.

FMD, does any one abide by the rules.

Resized_20221010_152940.jpeg
Resized_20221010_152940.jpeg (289.17 KiB) Viewed 2748 times

Resized_20221010_153025.jpeg
Resized_20221010_153025.jpeg (294.4 KiB) Viewed 2748 times

Resized_20221010_154408.jpeg
Resized_20221010_154408.jpeg (244.8 KiB) Viewed 2748 times
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Re: Trail Bikes- grrrrrr I hate'm.

Post by animalpest » 12 Oct 2022, 9:04 pm

Ban them and enjoy the silence
Professional shooter and trapper
Trainer and consultant
animalpest
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Sarco » 12 Oct 2022, 9:21 pm

Bunyip State Forest, Toolangie State Forest, Wombat State Forest anything close to Melb is the same. The noise and the off track damage are my pet hates.
Sarco
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Billo » 12 Oct 2022, 9:48 pm

looks more like an E Bike trail, a bunch of em, silent assassins
22lr, 20 Hornady Hornet, 6mm ARC, 270 Win, 308 Win, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 S&W
Billo
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by deye243 » 13 Oct 2022, 12:47 am

Never ceases to amaze me the amount of Shooters who can damn others what a load of crap.
So you think that you're gunshot won't upset or scare others get over it it's f****** dirt what a load of crap
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by No1_49er » 13 Oct 2022, 5:10 am

I think you've missed the point, deye.
The photos that OP posted show the consequences of what might originally have been small gutters cut by tyre tracks.
The real damage is done whenever there is sufficient rainfall to cause significant scouring of the wheel ruts, as is shown in the photos.
It's not just trail bikes that will cause damage like that. Mountain bikes also. AND, repetitive foot traffic.
I've been to places where those gutters have become shoulder deep. Yes, it's just f^king dirt, which disappears, given the wrong conditions.
Did you ever see gutters like that in granite country?
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Lazarus » 13 Oct 2022, 7:32 am

No1_49er wrote:I think you've missed the point, deye.
The photos that OP posted show the consequences of what might originally have been small gutters cut by tyre tracks.
The real damage is done whenever there is sufficient rainfall to cause significant scouring of the wheel ruts, as is shown in the photos.
It's not just trail bikes that will cause damage like that. Mountain bikes also. AND, repetitive foot traffic.
I've been to places where those gutters have become shoulder deep. Yes, it's just f^king dirt, which disappears, given the wrong conditions.
Did you ever see gutters like that in granite country?

My thoughts exactly, shooters make the occasional single bang.
Unless they have an MG43 and unlimited ammo they're not going to make anything like the duelling chainsaws racket bloody dirt bikers make.
Courage is knowing it might
hurt, and doing it anyway.
Stupidity is the same
And that's why life is hard
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by straightshooter » 13 Oct 2022, 7:42 am

animalpest wrote:Ban them and enjoy the silence

Lucky the same kind of thinking isn't applied to firearms! (I wish)
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by bigpete » 13 Oct 2022, 8:00 am

Trust me oldbloke,I feel the same about them,jetskis,race cars,ski boats,and loud music.....they're great when you're the one involved but when you're not they're frigging horrible.
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 13 Oct 2022, 9:55 am

These ruts are not the result of erosion. They are in some places about 700mm deep and not on steep inclines where erosion would take place. Just from from tyres ripping the soil. And what I posted was only a very small example.

I don't think one or two shots from a rifle per day can be compared with 2 strokes roaring around for 7-8 hours.
IMO only 4 strokes muffled to the same requirements of a street bike should be allowed. or go to a race track.

IMO Most people do the right thing and in all walks of life its usually only about 10% that think the rues of society do not apply to them. I do however have serious doubts as to if that rule applies to trail bike riders.

"Shooters who can damn others". An exaggeration. I simply pointed out where irresponsible trail bike riders are not abiding by the requirement to stay on formed tracks. Resulting in the damage in the pics. in fact I clearly stated

"I have no issue with trail bikes". in fact I'm happy to share it with anyone who uses it responsibly.

Yes bigpete, jet skis, loud music & ski boats are three more I hate.

Capture1.JPG
Capture1.JPG (123.8 KiB) Viewed 2635 times

They are just starting here.

Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (105.3 KiB) Viewed 2635 times

4x4 and trail bike damage. That is much steeper than it looks. Two years a go I could very easily drive my triton up there. Would not attempt it now.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 13 Oct 2022, 8:05 pm

Come to SA , you won't find too many bikes on public trails .... oh wait, there's no public land to hunt on either :(
Screenshot_20221013-202602_DuckDuckGo.jpg
BRAAAAP !
Screenshot_20221013-202602_DuckDuckGo.jpg (341.14 KiB) Viewed 2596 times
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Blr243 » 13 Oct 2022, 8:21 pm

At work I use concrete cutting saws. Grinders. Jack hammers and impact drivers. And electro planers. At night at home I have a electric guitar. If I go bush I have a Quadbike To ensure I upset the rifle shooters and a rifle to ensure I upset the Quadbike riders .. I am a true menace to society
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by S O K A R » 13 Oct 2022, 8:56 pm

Blr243 wrote:At work I use concrete cutting saws. Grinders. Jack hammers and impact drivers. And electro planers. At night at home I have a electric guitar. If I go bush I have a Quadbike To ensure I upset the rifle shooters and a rifle to ensure I upset the Quadbike riders .. I am a true menace to society

Love firing my dirt bike up and going for a thrash at 7am on a Saturday morning, with any luck I upset some karen's in the process :lol:
S O K A R
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Tasmania

Post by Blr243 » 14 Oct 2022, 4:07 pm

Ya just got to watch out for those horizontal wires one metre from the ground
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bradley33 » 18 Oct 2022, 4:12 am

must be only vic with forest nice enough anyone cares. Where I am if anyone reported trail bike damage they would probably consider it a favor to the landscape :D
bradley33
Recruit
Recruit

Other

Return to Four wheel driving and off road travel