MAZDA BT50 vibration

Four wheel driving. Vehicle modifications. Off road driving and recovery techniques. Towing and miscellaneous vehicle topics.

MAZDA BT50 vibration

Post by madang55 » 20 Nov 2023, 4:22 pm

Thought I would throw the die and see what you guys might have on this.
I have a 2010 BT50. 265km. It has developed a vibration through the drive. Universals all good. Engine mounts good. Tyres almost new and the Vibration doesn't come through the steering, but is evident, really evident. Between 1200-2000 rpm. If I travel down the bitumen street in 4WD, doesn't seem to be so bad. I asked the mech if it could be a miss, but he assures me no. I'm waiting to take it to the local Mazda dealership.
My wife knows me well.
The dog often reminds me of that
madang55
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: MAZDA BT50 vibration

Post by on_one_wheel » 20 Nov 2023, 4:42 pm

You could narrow it down by determining weather the vibration is at wheel speed, tailshaft speed or engine speed.
Simply monitor your speed and rpm when the vibration is evident and try it again in another gear, if it's evident at the same speed in a different gear it's not likely to be an engine vibration.
Tailshaft vibration isn't usually noticeable until you're at highway speeds usually above 90kph.
Another cause for engine speed vibes is loose bolts on a flex plate or cracked flex plate if it's an auto.
Check your engine mounts and gearbox mount using a big lever, check the tailshaft centre bearing if it's a 2 piece shaft. Check your exhaust system isn't touching somewhere.
Hopefully you can save some money by working out exactly what's causing the vibe.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 20 Nov 2023, 4:50 pm

tailshaft universal is my bet
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 21 Nov 2023, 6:05 am

Oldbloke wrote:tailshaft universal is my bet

That’s what I reckon. Or centre bearing if it runs one . It’s a long shot, but a lot of vehicles these days have a telescopic slip yoke tail shaft that also requires periodic greasing. Good luck, cheers
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Return to Four wheel driving and off road travel