Totally crazy driver

Four wheel driving. Vehicle modifications. Off road driving and recovery techniques. Towing and miscellaneous vehicle topics.

Totally crazy driver

Post by scrolllock » 02 Dec 2014, 10:57 am

Came across the most agro driver in Melbourne last night I reckon...

Driving home from work on a 2 lane road and I'm in the right lane, someone is in the left but a car length back so you couldn't overtake - both going the speed limit though so no reason too.

So this guy comes up behind me, starts honking and waving at the woman in the left telling her to drop back and she just waves him off. You'd think that would be it but the guy starts swerving his car at her and does it a few times getting closer and closer forcing her into the gutter before she slams on the brakes and he goes past.

Pull up to a set of lights 10 seconds later anyway :roll:

He's just sitting there calmly, no rush not itching to get past or anything which would make you think he's on the way to some emergency.

Light goes, same thing again, driving like a total d**khead forcing his way through by making people move to avoid damaging their cars. His car hand half a dozen dents around it so hasn't always worked it looks like... We get down the road and I get going straight but looked like he turns turned into the shops for all that.

f***ing crazy. All that just because he's impatient.

Called the cops and gave her his plate. Haven't felt the need to do that in 30 years.
scrolllock
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: Totally crazy driver

Post by Die Judicii » 02 Dec 2014, 11:06 am

Yeah, bet the cops couldnt wait for you to hang up,,,, and get back to their donuts.

Its the usual thing,, When you dont need one they're everywhere like a bad smell,,

Yet when you do need one,, ya cant buy one anywhere.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Noisydad » 02 Dec 2014, 12:19 pm

Police say 1 in 15 drivers are under the influence of illegal drugs while at the wheel. Maybe this knob was one of 'em.
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 02 Dec 2014, 12:28 pm

Why didn't you just speed up slightly and get into the LHL and stop being a PITA, I don't know about where you live or the type of road but a lot of them where I live (NSW) say keep left unless overtaking. I don't mind people driving in the RHL (do it myself) but if I see there is someone wanting to get past (regardless of whether I'm doing the speed limit or not) I just move over and let them past, lifes too short to spend it dealing with ****** who can't control themselves hey.

Way easier to let the ****** past than to deal with his attitude etc - let him be someone elses problem. :D

The wife had a similar experience to you, same sort of deal, an aggressive driver etc, same deal rang the police and as far as I know they had a word to him, not sure if anything ever came of it though, me I find it easier to move over and let the "Accident waiting to happen" be someone elses problem. ;)
Last edited by bigfellascott on 02 Dec 2014, 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by scrolllock » 02 Dec 2014, 12:32 pm

Well, I'm not going to drive like an equal d**khead either so I can catch up to him and tell him not to be one. Not that he'd listen any way so why bother.

About the keeping left. We have the same here on freeways etc. Anything that is 80km + and multi lane.

This wasn't that kind of road though, this is a street through the burbs with a 60k limit. Traffic lights every few hundred metres, shops, a school all along the way etc. No reason at all not to just stay in your lane at the limit and go.
scrolllock
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by scrolllock » 02 Dec 2014, 12:33 pm

Die Judicii wrote:Yeah, bet the cops couldnt wait for you to hang up,,,, and get back to their donuts.

She seemed on board, said she'd go have a chat with the guy.

Can only hope she talks some sense into him. More likely he gets caught for something and loses his license... That would be fine too.
scrolllock
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Noisydad » 02 Dec 2014, 12:39 pm

Police say 1 in 15 drivers are under the influence of illegal drugs while at the wheel. Maybe this knob was one of 'em.
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 02 Dec 2014, 12:43 pm

scrolllock wrote:Well, I'm not going to drive like an equal d**khead either so I can catch up to him and tell him not to be one. Not that he'd listen any way so why bother.

About the keeping left. We have the same here on freeways etc. Anything that is 80km + and multi lane.

This wasn't that kind of road though, this is a street through the burbs with a 60k limit. Traffic lights every few hundred metres, shops, a school all along the way etc. No reason at all not to just stay in your lane at the limit and go.

You don't need to drive like a d**khead, move over and let him be someone elses problem, its that simple. ;)
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by on_one_wheel » 02 Dec 2014, 1:15 pm

bigfellascott wrote:
scrolllock wrote:Well, I'm not going to drive like an equal d**khead either so I can catch up to him and tell him not to be one. Not that he'd listen any way so why bother.

You don't need to drive like a d**khead, move over and let him be someone elses problem, its that simple. ;)

Always play the safe option, meth heads aren't worth messing with. The Police are using the word epidemic... its a very serious problem.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by scrolllock » 02 Dec 2014, 2:25 pm

bigfellascott wrote:You don't need to drive like a d**khead, move over and let him be someone elses problem, its that simple. ;)

That's basically what happened. After he ran the other car into stopping he shot past and stopped at the lights ahead of me.

Just took the plate down and called the cops.

Did all I could do anyway, hopefully the fuzz sort him out before he hurts someone.
scrolllock
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by agentzero » 02 Dec 2014, 2:25 pm

Driving that badly hopefully more have reported his as well and something gets done about it.
agentzero
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Tasmania

Post by jennageit » 04 Dec 2014, 9:42 am

We've had cause to call the police numerous times around here.

Twice I've been on the phone to the cops and had to ask them to send an ambulance as well, as the driver ahead of me has just gone bush and slammed into a tree, or through a fence into the paddock.

Mind you, these are people that go around a blind corner on the wrong side of the road, drift into oncoming traffic, overtake on blind crests etc. In the 6 years that I've been here, I've seen 11 self inflicted accidents, or thereabouts. I've rung the cops every time, and almost every time, they've been there.

Given the drivers today, if I was being a real bitch, i could be on the phone a dozen times a day, however, I only ring them if there is a really dangerous driver on the road. Usually those are the ones that force me to find a quick exit as they slam on the brakes for no reason, go around a corner on the wrong side of the road, or drive on the wrong side of the road. When you've got a car full of kids, you become a fantastic defensive driver!

In saying that, I haven't driven much the last 7 months, and that's the only thing I don't miss, the d**kheads on the roads.
Back from a break, and ready to shoot again :)
jennageit
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by brett1868 » 04 Dec 2014, 9:50 am

If you want to master defensive driving try riding a motorcycle on a daily basis around Sydney....I have a 6th sense, I see d**kheads.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Khan » 04 Dec 2014, 10:26 am

I'd love a bike but know too many people who've been knocked off. A few killed as well.

Can't bring myself to do it.
44 Rem. Magnum Marlin Model 1894
.280 Rem. Browning X-Bolt Hunter
Khan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Lorgar » 04 Dec 2014, 10:30 am

Khan wrote:I'd love a bike but know too many people who've been knocked off. A few killed as well.

Ditto.

I know 6-7 blokes who ride and everyone has been knocked off by someone else doing something stupid.

Changing lanes into them, slamming on the brakes and changing lanes suddenly for an offramp and they go up the back. One guy reversed out of his driveway backed out across 4 lanes an into the path of a mate because he didn't seem to know how to turn a f***ing steering wheel apparently.

One got killed after a truck dropped a pile of bricks behind it into his path :(

Plenty of riders do stupid s**t and get themselves hurt, just as many good riders getting hurt by someone else though.
Lorgar
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by jennageit » 04 Dec 2014, 11:46 am

Re the bike riding.

I learnt a few months back that watching her son ride a motorbike for the first time isn't conducive to a stress free lifestyle. I worry about my son riding to work 5 mornings a week, but at least it's only on a country road with fairly minimal traffic. Around a city, I'd have to insist he was in a car I think. But then, I'm an over-protective mum with those sorts of things.

Still, he messages me when he gets to work, and when he leaves, so that I know he made it safely, and doesn't seem to mind doing it. Not bad for an 18yo guy I reckon.

Jenna

PS. I seriously thought about getting my bike license, but changed my mind. I've seen too many d**kheads on the roads, in cars, trucks and on bikes to want to get out there with them, with no car body around me lol
jennageit
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Bourt » 04 Dec 2014, 2:11 pm

Sucks to be the bike riders a lot of the time.

Riding along minding your own business and some d**khead turns you over :(
Bourt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by jennageit » 05 Dec 2014, 9:03 am

Apparently roundabouts can be the most dangerous place for a rider to be.

I've seen some horrific accidents over the years involving motorbike riders, and every one of those accidents was caused by a car turning in front of them.

Consequently, car driving only for me! lol
jennageit
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Lorgar » 05 Dec 2014, 3:21 pm

Roundabouts...

Years ago I was driving through one when a flatbed towtruck came flying across the hill on the road intersecting it and hit me.

To give you an idea how fast he was going... There were skid marks for about 10m before the roundabout when he started braking, the front of his truck only contacted about the rear 1 foot of my car as I was exiting and he still hit me with enough energy that the car rolled. Driving a commodore too, about 1,500kg, not exactly light.

Woke up 20 minutes later, upside down, to the sound of the jaws of life taking my car apart and the Ambo wrapping up the bones sticking out of my shoulder.

Only had the car resprayed about 2 weeks before too :evil: :lol:

The cops charged him for all sorts and as if it wasn't bad enough he tried to pin the whole thing on me. I went to court as a witness for the police and he was saying all he saw was this, and I quote, "blur" go across the roundabout (me going mach 1 apparently) and that he was going the speed limit of 50km :roll:

His story didn't fly of course. As it happened I'd just pulled out of a driveway right near the roundabout, only had about 30m before it, not enough room to build up any speed to speak of. There was a car full of people behind me too so 3-4 witnesses there, and the investigator guys worked out pretty quickly from the tyre marks etc. what had actually happened.

Life as a pedestrian for him for a while.
Lorgar
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Westy » 05 Dec 2014, 5:48 pm

Lorgar wrote:
Khan wrote:I'd love a bike but know too many people who've been knocked off. A few killed as well.

Ditto.

I know 6-7 blokes who ride and everyone has been knocked off by someone else doing something stupid.

Changing lanes into them, slamming on the brakes and changing lanes suddenly for an offramp and they go up the back. One guy reversed out of his driveway backed out across 4 lanes an into the path of a mate because he didn't seem to know how to turn a f***ing steering wheel apparently.

One got killed after a truck dropped a pile of bricks behind it into his path :(

Plenty of riders do stupid s**t and get themselves hurt, just as many good riders getting hurt by someone else though.

One name springs to mind Wayne Rainey

http://youtu.be/MoJsj-_qUlY

He was a God on a motorcycle and then this???? :| :x :o
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Mich » 06 Dec 2014, 7:38 pm

sounds like you did the right thing to me.

you can't stop the guy yourself, pass it to the police.
Mich
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

United States of America

Return to Four wheel driving and off road travel