Totally crazy driver

Four wheel driving. Vehicle modifications. Off road driving and recovery techniques. Towing and miscellaneous vehicle topics.

Re: Totally crazy driver

Post by Lorgar » 05 Dec 2014, 3:21 pm

Roundabouts...

Years ago I was driving through one when a flatbed towtruck came flying across the hill on the road intersecting it and hit me.

To give you an idea how fast he was going... There were skid marks for about 10m before the roundabout when he started braking, the front of his truck only contacted about the rear 1 foot of my car as I was exiting and he still hit me with enough energy that the car rolled. Driving a commodore too, about 1,500kg, not exactly light.

Woke up 20 minutes later, upside down, to the sound of the jaws of life taking my car apart and the Ambo wrapping up the bones sticking out of my shoulder.

Only had the car resprayed about 2 weeks before too :evil: :lol:

The cops charged him for all sorts and as if it wasn't bad enough he tried to pin the whole thing on me. I went to court as a witness for the police and he was saying all he saw was this, and I quote, "blur" go across the roundabout (me going mach 1 apparently) and that he was going the speed limit of 50km :roll:

His story didn't fly of course. As it happened I'd just pulled out of a driveway right near the roundabout, only had about 30m before it, not enough room to build up any speed to speak of. There was a car full of people behind me too so 3-4 witnesses there, and the investigator guys worked out pretty quickly from the tyre marks etc. what had actually happened.

Life as a pedestrian for him for a while.
Lorgar
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Westy » 05 Dec 2014, 5:48 pm

Lorgar wrote:
Khan wrote:I'd love a bike but know too many people who've been knocked off. A few killed as well.

Ditto.

I know 6-7 blokes who ride and everyone has been knocked off by someone else doing something stupid.

Changing lanes into them, slamming on the brakes and changing lanes suddenly for an offramp and they go up the back. One guy reversed out of his driveway backed out across 4 lanes an into the path of a mate because he didn't seem to know how to turn a f***ing steering wheel apparently.

One got killed after a truck dropped a pile of bricks behind it into his path :(

Plenty of riders do stupid s**t and get themselves hurt, just as many good riders getting hurt by someone else though.

One name springs to mind Wayne Rainey

http://youtu.be/MoJsj-_qUlY

He was a God on a motorcycle and then this???? :| :x :o
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Mich » 06 Dec 2014, 7:38 pm

sounds like you did the right thing to me.

you can't stop the guy yourself, pass it to the police.
Mich
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

United States of America

Return to Four wheel driving and off road travel