Close call with drunk driver

Four wheel driving. Vehicle modifications. Off road driving and recovery techniques. Towing and miscellaneous vehicle topics.

Close call with drunk driver

Post by halberg » 05 Apr 2015, 9:02 am

Had a run in with someone obviously way over the limit last night.

Driving with him in front on a two lane road and he's waving all over the place left and right out of the lines. Dropping 20k under the limit then realising and speeding up, same over and over.

Seemed like he realised he was being an idiot and pulled over, as I was about to pass he changed his mind and gunned it swerving out into traffic again :evil:

Nearly put me into the incoming avoiding him. Pulled over and called from the mobile giving the police his plates and road/direction and the story. Dunno if they got him. Just hope he didn't successfully hit someone before he got home or they found him.

:crazy:
Savage Mark II FVT .22LR
Tikka T3 Lite Stainless 25-06 Remington
Sako L691 6.5x55 SE
halberg
Private
Private

Queensland

Re: Close call with drunk driver

Post by anthillinside » 11 Apr 2015, 8:38 am

+1
And GUNs are dangerious!
There's always room for at least one more gun in my safe.
There's always room for one more safe in my house.
anthillinside
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by David Brown » 13 Apr 2015, 8:10 am

Back in the very early 90's, say 91, my wife and I followed a similar driver, although not that erratic, and I held back knowing he was not going to do well on the tight corners ahead. Sure enough, he went too quick into a corner, over reacted and spun 180 into the ditch on the side of the road.

we stopped to make sure they were OK and being "car phone" equipped I offered to call the cops to come help them. They respectively declined………..
David Brown
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 13 Apr 2015, 8:20 am

The wife had a similar experience many years ago, she did the same thing and they caught up with him apparently - not a nice experience nearly losing your family to some tool who couldn't control his drinking habits. :evil:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by wheedle » 13 Apr 2015, 10:08 am

As least you weren't struck by him.

Hopefully the cops got to him first before he did it to someone else once you lost him.
wheedle
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Bourt » 16 Apr 2015, 11:31 am

Good on you for making the call.

A lot of people would have just shaken their head and kept on driving.
Bourt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Return to Four wheel driving and off road travel