My kingdom for a manual

Four wheel driving. Vehicle modifications. Off road driving and recovery techniques. Towing and miscellaneous vehicle topics.

Re: My kingdom for a manual

Post by Die Judicii » 22 Feb 2016, 5:36 pm

zobster wrote:Never knew my partner couldn't drive an manual else I would have gotten one. Now that she's moved in with me, my car suddenly becomes her's to use whenever! It would never have happened if it was a manual. It would also not have 3 extra pinstripes all along the passengers side and about 2 shopping bags worth of "women's essential" scattered all throughout the car.

Just in case you guys can't tell, I'm kicking myself for not buying a manual!

The old saying still applies,,,,, "If its got tits or wheels, it'll always cost you $$$"
:lol: :lol:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 22 Feb 2016, 7:35 pm

zobster wrote:Never knew my partner couldn't drive an manual else I would have gotten one. Now that she's moved in with me, my car suddenly becomes her's to use whenever! It would never have happened if it was a manual. It would also not have 3 extra pinstripes all along the passengers side and about 2 shopping bags worth of "women's essential" scattered all throughout the car.

Just in case you guys can't tell, I'm kicking myself for not buying a manual!

You need to set the ground rules early mate ...
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by happyhunter » 23 Feb 2016, 4:40 pm

Last edited by happyhunter on 27 Feb 2017, 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by Title_II » 24 Feb 2016, 11:48 pm

I haven't had a manual in years, but that is only because I have had long commutes with frequent traffic problems. I certainly prefer a manual otherwise. You can't drive an auto. You just make suggestions to it and it does what it thinks you want. There is so much more control with a manual. Even if the auto can get me 0 to 60 mph a few tenths of a second faster, the manual will never sit there and do nothing when I floor it because it's going the wrong speed in the wrong gear to do anything.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by ebr love » 01 Mar 2016, 12:58 pm

happyhunter wrote:Autos are getting pretty good these days and the convenience is starting to appeal to me.. or maybe I'm getting old :D

They're a lot better than they have been in years gone by, that's true.

Personally still prefer the manual as I find them a bit more predictable/responsive and you can anticipate and drive them accordingly if you know what I mean?

You have a little more direct access to power as you can shift right to the most suitable gear instead of waiting for the trans to decide and downshift.
TIKKA T3 TAC .300 WIN MAG
HOW SPORTER 270 WIN
HOWA YOUTH .204 RUGER
MARLIN 1889 .38-40
ebr love
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Four wheel driving and off road travel