Opinions on this 4WD roll over

Four wheel driving. Vehicle modifications. Off road driving and recovery techniques. Towing and miscellaneous vehicle topics.

Re: Opinions on this 4WD roll over

Post by Tmb99 » 01 Oct 2017, 6:41 pm

Most stuffs been mentioned but as someone who has built and driven rock crawlers I'll chuck in a few points.

Spotter! Needed eyes outside with someone who knows their s**t. The moment the car stalled it became a recovery situation, even if he started it he wasn't going to drive it out.

Reverse key start or "recovery start" are good to look into in stalled hill situations. However only works in a manual, this looked like an auto.

Hands inside the car. Scary s**t seeing passengers arm outside. Hairy hill 101, hold onto something solid inside. Amount of people that have had arms crushed in roll overs is crazy. Reason why comp trucks require window nets.
Tmb99
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by jmr22 » 05 Oct 2017, 7:20 am

sandgroperbill wrote:That track didn't look overly challenging. 4L and crawl up.

His only actions and solutions were foot to the floor.

Wasn't there a thread recently regarding people being unaware of low range?

I see a lot of these videos on Youtube of people going up the cape like there going on a trip across Russia or south America with there lifted monster trucks; most of them getting there vehicles broken and bogged far more than the bloke crawling along being careful. Ive got a stock Navara and Ive never had any trouble just plodding around up hill like this. I hate working on cars so I try not to break them :lol: :lol:

All fun I suppose!

cheer.
Jacko.
.177 auto pellet gun
.22lr Marlin box
.22lr Marlin tube mag
.243 Sterling
.30-06 Argentinian
12ga Armed o/u
12ga straight pull STP
jmr22
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 05 Oct 2017, 5:57 pm

Just a retard with a 4wd and no understanding of what they are doing.

Speed fixes everything don't ya know :sarcasm:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Previous

Return to Four wheel driving and off road travel