Runva 11XP winches

Four wheel driving. Vehicle modifications. Off road driving and recovery techniques. Towing and miscellaneous vehicle topics.

Re: Runva 11XP winches

Post by Lorgar » 15 Feb 2017, 8:13 pm

Some more on the recent Runva purchase:

Last trip out did one relatively easy pull out of some mud, and a couple of roughly 2 feet deep water crossings (not hard work but just FYI that's what it's done).

But... There was a huge amount of dust over/in every nook and cranny of the truck after my last trip, and I think as a result the isolator has died. If you fiddle with it there was sometimes just enough power to get the winch to groan but not reel, or nothing.

Took the isolator out of the circuit and the winch is still perfect when connected directly to power though. I think/guess Runva just purchased some cheapies from somewhere, I think I've seen the same isolator on eBay for $5. Adding a better quality unit in time might be the go.

Bummer that it failed after only 2 months. On the plus side though Runva warranty dept has been very helpful and prompt. Replacement isolator being mailed out direct no questions asked.
Lorgar
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Return to Four wheel driving and off road travel