Easy 4wd trails in ACT

Four wheel driving. Vehicle modifications. Off road driving and recovery techniques. Towing and miscellaneous vehicle topics.

Easy 4wd trails in ACT

Post by TheGreenwolf » 29 Mar 2017, 12:37 pm

hi everyone,

im relativley new to the ACT area, just wondering if anyone knows some good tracks that are relativley easy to drive on.

i want to give my mrs some off road experience in my disco.

looking for somewhere not super isolated cause i dont have other people to run with.
somewhere relativly easy but not just a dirt road.
and not anywhere with too many cliffs cause we both hate heights!

i know there are a few trails in the snowys around blue water hole and all that but apart from that i dont know of any really good spots, preferably somewhere we there might be good views or waterfalls along the way.

national park style 4wd style tracks preferred, dont mind driving a decent distance to get there.

i guess anywhere thats worth driving to, something thats worth seeing, maybe will camp the weekend.

does wilsons promontory have some tracks like this down in vic? we meant to go there but missed out on our last trip.
TheGreenwolf
Private
Private

Australian Capital Territory

Re: Easy trail

Post by bladeracer » 29 Mar 2017, 3:21 pm

TheGreenwolf wrote:hi everyone,

im relativley new to the ACT area, just wondering if anyone knows some good tracks that are relativley easy to drive on.

i want to give my mrs some off road experience in my disco.

looking for somewhere not super isolated cause i dont have other people to run with.
somewhere relativly easy but not just a dirt road.
and not anywhere with too many cliffs cause we both hate heights!

i know there are a few trails in the snowys around blue water hole and all that but apart from that i dont know of any really good spots, preferably somewhere we there might be good views or waterfalls along the way.

national park style 4wd style tracks preferred, dont mind driving a decent distance to get there.

i guess anywhere thats worth driving to, something thats worth seeing, maybe will camp the weekend.

does wilsons promontory have some tracks like this down in vic? we meant to go there but missed out on our last trip.

I don't do 4x4 but my brother is a Jeep nut. Check your PM and drop him a line, he should have some ideas.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Re: Easy trail

Post by Pom » 10 Apr 2017, 12:08 pm

We did Flea Creek in ACT on an old visit, nice area. Scenic, nothing tough.
Remington 700 VTR in .308 WIn
Winchester Model 1873 in .44-40
Sako A7 in 243 Win
Pom
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Re: Easy 4wd trails in ACT

Post by yoshie » 10 Apr 2017, 7:39 pm

Over the brindies to Wee Jasper and Bondo, plently of trails out there
yoshie
Sergeant