Single jerry can holder that mounts off towbar?

Four wheel driving. Vehicle modifications. Off road driving and recovery techniques. Towing and miscellaneous vehicle topics.

Single jerry can holder that mounts off towbar?

Post by Lorgar » 02 Nov 2017, 12:23 pm

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction for this.

I'd love a steel rear bar for the benefit of people able to hold a jerry can on the back there, but for $2k it's just not going to happen for that purpose. Can't justify the cost.

In traffic yesterday though I saw a bloke in a Land Cruiser with what looked like an arm which was mounted to the towbar under the truck?

I'm not talking about being mounted in the hitch receiver, that was still free, this was a dedicated arm mounted elsewhere underneath somewhere.

The holder/jerry can was still in the usual spot it would be if mounted on the rear bar, behind the barn door and on a swivel.

Does anyone know who makes such a thing?
Lorgar
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Re: Single jerry can holder that mounts off towbar?

Post by jmr22 » 02 Nov 2017, 3:07 pm

must be just held on with a couple of U bolts? any steel fab mob would be able to knock one up for bugger all ay?
.177 auto pellet gun
.22lr Marlin box
.22lr Marlin tube mag
.243 Sterling
.30-06 Argentinian
12ga Armed o/u
12ga straight pull STP
jmr22
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by pete1 » 04 Nov 2017, 2:43 pm

Yeh places like ARB or any major brands charge a fortune for a little peice metal, I went to buy some tray sides off fleet trades (produce thousands of trays) they wanted $1000 per side and then there was a painting fee. Asked a bloke in Pakenham to make me 2 tray sides, $90 each i just had to paint them.
Think it was Matts fabrication, did a good job.
22LR
12G
12G
12G
pete1
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Monty » 04 Nov 2017, 4:53 pm

Off topic:

Sorry, Lorgar.

I was flicking through the moderator queue of posts and I accidentally gave a reply of yours here the chop.

Selected it incorrectly amongst others.

Nothing wrong with the post, my bad, you'll need to reply again though.
Obligatory moderator signature: If you can't play by the rules, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Monty

New South Wales

Post by Lorgar » 06 Nov 2017, 1:40 pm

NP Monty.

I said before, I didn't get a great look at the unit because I was in traffic like I said. I suspected it might be a brand name thing as the quality and design of the unit looked high. Like it had had proper thought and design put into it, rather than being whacked out by a shop as a once off.

Maybe I'm totally off the mark though. I'll call a few fabrication places and see what it might go for.
Lorgar
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Return to Four wheel driving and off road travel