Best chainsaw for camping

Camping, fishing and outdoor recreational activities. Tips, equipment, accessories, hiking and outdoor cooking.

Re: Best chainsaw for camping

Post by AusTac » 03 Oct 2017, 9:08 pm

Well for those that said chainsaw no1 was good for a chinga, heres my 4wd/camping chainsaw mkII 76.5 cc's of german fury
Attachments
rps20171003_220609.jpg
rps20171003_220609.jpg (121.12 KiB) Viewed 372 times
Certified part time hillbilly
AusTac
Captain
Captain

-

Post by Bigjobss » 12 Oct 2018, 4:17 pm

Im looking at a husky 450e as a general bush saw, no bulk firewood or homesteading.
Anyone here got experience with one?
Bigjobss
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 12 Oct 2018, 5:17 pm

Bigjobss wrote:Im looking at a husky 450e as a general bush saw, no bulk firewood or homesteading.
Anyone here got experience with one?

It should do the job fine, 50cc is a good size for all purpose duties - I've been out today cutting 2 big loads of firewood and a 3rd almost cut ready for pick up tomorrow, all we used was a 445 Husky and my Oleomac 936 (36cc saw) they both handled the job fine. Only thing I don't like about these new bred of saws in the lack of adjustability in em, not sure what the saw you're looking at is like but I like adjustable oilers and the ability to tune the saw for the different situations as it's needed.

Good luck with it all and enjoy the new saw. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

-

Post by Bigjobss » 12 Oct 2018, 5:37 pm

Cheers big fella, yeh not much luck with tuning ability on this saw, gotta spend another $500 for the "professional" version but I cant justify the cost on top of the $900 already.
Ive got a cheap 35cc but those bigger logs keep calling my name.
Bigjobss
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 12 Oct 2018, 8:12 pm

Bigjobss wrote:Cheers big fella, yeh not much luck with tuning ability on this saw, gotta spend another $500 for the "professional" version but I cant justify the cost on top of the $900 already.
Ive got a cheap 35cc but those bigger logs keep calling my name.

The other option worth thinking about is going 2nd hand, there are some good bargains out there to be had if you know what you are looking at. All mine bar the little Oleomac were 2nd hand and have been brilliant.

Anyway mate good luck with the purchase, hope it works out well for you. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

-

Post by grandadbushy » 12 Oct 2018, 8:59 pm

Little saws do a marvelous job for their size I've got a Stihl 14'' bar and had it for 15yrs still going ,first pull
Cut strainers and other fence posts as well as camp saw just remember right oil mix, chain oil ( not engine oil ) and sharp chain and bar in good condition
You won't have a problem 10yrs before it had to be retuned and some plastic hose and parts replaced as they cracked with old age
grandadbushy
Captain
Captain

Queensland

Post by JimTom » 12 Oct 2018, 9:29 pm

I just take a Stihl Mini Boss. Does everything I need it to.
My girlfriend can’t wrestle but you should see her box.
JimTom
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Previous

Return to Camping, fishing and outdoor recreation