A simple fire pit!

Camping, fishing and outdoor recreational activities. Tips, equipment, accessories, hiking and outdoor cooking.

A simple fire pit!

Post by Daddybang » 05 Dec 2018, 3:49 pm

I'm only burning this because its raining (I think the wet has officially broken :D :drinks: )
If ya need a contained fire this is a very easy way to do it :thumbsup: :drinks:

20181205_154210.jpg
20181205_154210.jpg (653.22 KiB) Viewed 3094 times
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Re: A simple fire pit!

Post by bigrich » 05 Dec 2018, 6:33 pm

the round spin tub out of a washing machine will work too DB. car rims with the guts cut out like yours will probably last longer but :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 05 Dec 2018, 7:17 pm

Funny ya should say that big rich.
I had the metal interiortubs from a washing machine And the metal from a dryer but the missus reckons theyd make (along with the plastic part of the washing machine) three nice plant pots and...well ya saw what happened to me hat so I'm not f@#kin arguing with her!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 05 Dec 2018, 7:49 pm

Daddybang wrote:Funny ya should say that big rich.
I had the metal interiortubs from a washing machine And the metal from a dryer but the missus reckons theyd make (along with the plastic part of the washing machine) three nice plant pots and...well ya saw what happened to me hat so I'm not f@#kin arguing with her!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks:

i wouldn't argue either mate :lol: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Stix » 05 Dec 2018, 8:51 pm

Naah...gees daddybang... 8-)

You're in the wide open spaces of Qld...

Live life on the edge...

Im not sayin argure with her...but atleast empty a few ninja courage beer cans down the gullet, moon her & run for cover... :lol:

(Just quietly, do it at dusk mate... :thumbsup: )
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigfellascott » 06 Dec 2018, 5:19 am

I've got a couple of 3/4 length 40gal drums I use to keep us warm in the backyard in winter and man do they punch out some serious heat which is great cos ya need em here!
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Daddybang » 06 Dec 2018, 6:53 am

Stix wrote:Naah...gees daddybang... 8-)

Live life on the edge...

Im not sayin argure with her...but atleast empty a few ninja courage beer cans down the gullet, moon her & run for cover... :lol:

:lol: :drinks: good on ya stix :drinks:

bigfellascott wrote:I've got a couple of 3/4 length 40gal drums I use to keep us warm in the backyard in winter and man do they punch out some serious heat which is great cos ya need em here!

I originally thought of 44s but couldn't find any and just grabbed the rims .piece of piss to empty. We don't need much heat it's more to sit around without going to the bonfire pit.
:thumbsup: :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 06 Dec 2018, 7:31 am

Daddybang wrote:
Stix wrote:Naah...gees daddybang... 8-)

Live life on the edge...

:lol: :drinks: good on ya stix :drinks:

bigfellascott wrote:I've got a couple of 3/4 length 40gal drums I use to keep us warm in the backyard in winter and man do they punch out some serious heat which is great cos ya need em here!

I originally thought of 44s but couldn't find any and just grabbed the rims .piece of piss to empty. We don't need much heat it's more to sit around without going to the bonfire pit.
:thumbsup: :drinks:

Yeah the rims work fine for that sort of thing, I've also got a washing machine drum to kicking around here which also works well but the 44's are the go if you want serious heat output.

Enjoy the new firepit mate, they really are great to sit around having a few coldies and a chat to mates etc. :drinks:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Return to Camping, fishing and outdoor recreation