Knife Sharpener

Camping, fishing and outdoor recreational activities. Tips, equipment, accessories, hiking and outdoor cooking.

Re: Knife Sharpener

Post by marksman » 24 Dec 2018, 7:44 pm

I have a lansky diamond, I find it very good, I've had the lansky stone knife sharpener since a kid and it was ok

but for serious knife sharpening this is what I would recommend

when you need to sharpen knives quickly this is the go, it uses sharpening stones and is similar to the lansky how it works just bigger but I made some diamond plates from a bit of timber and cheap diamond coated sharpening plates from ebay, as you can see in the photo
when I am butchering I dont want to have to stuff about sharpening knives and this works a treat
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Stix » 24 Dec 2018, 8:14 pm

Ok...so what is that marksman...?

I got a cheap edge pro knock-off delivered the other day...its a bit how ya goin...maybe good stones will hekp it, & will need a bit of practice to hold the knife steady...
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by marksman » 24 Dec 2018, 10:23 pm

I will try and find the info tomorrow for it Stix, from memory it is a ezesharpener or something like that, the store I bought it from has moved

never mind here it is
mysliceoflife.com.au/product/ezesharp-knifeblade-sharpener/

ezesharp.com.au
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Cooper » 25 Dec 2018, 9:27 pm

I have the Edge Pro knock off from eBay. It does work quite well. But I don't really use it that much. I usually just use my diamond coated sharpening rod in a more out in field situation.
Cooper
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Return to Camping, fishing and outdoor recreation