Need some good beans

Camping, fishing and outdoor recreational activities. Tips, equipment, accessories, hiking and outdoor cooking.

Need some good beans

Post by jeebo » 06 Feb 2014, 1:03 pm

I need my coffee on camping drinks and I've had about all the Nescafe' I can stomach.

Who's a coffee drinker? What's your favourite bean?

Need some good strong instant for trips away :D
Winchester Model 1894 30-30
Zastava M85 Standard .222 Rem
Bang bang!
jeebo
Private
Private

Victoria

Re: Need some good beans

Post by Member-Deleted » 06 Feb 2014, 1:07 pm

Moccona!
Member-Deleted

Post by DaleH » 06 Feb 2014, 3:08 pm

Hmm. Too strong a coffee blend will lead to faster heart beat and adversely effect your accuracy (well, that's the excuse I would use anyway) :D
DaleH
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Chronos » 06 Feb 2014, 5:38 pm

You're mistake here is putting GOOD and INSTANT in the same sentence. LOL

I divide my coffee into two categories, instant and real coffee. I during Nescafé at work, two heaped spoonfuls in a thermos mug.

When not at work I like to use either a stove top unit or less often a plunger. I buy quality brand beans and try to grind them as I need them but I do take a vacuum canister away with me.

I don't really lie those sachet style drinks but they are an easy option when your camping.

Chronos
Chronos
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by Guliver » 06 Feb 2014, 8:23 pm

Chronos wrote:You're mistake here is putting GOOD and INSTANT in the same sentence. LOL

I don't really lie those sachet style drinks but they are an easy option when your camping.

The mistake you're making is thinking that there is any coffee in those satchels :)

My wife drinks instant and she has been buying Millicano carte noire it's new on the market and is a fair facsimile of real coffee.

http://www.cartenoire.com.au/Instant-Premium-Coffee

Guliver
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Chronos » 06 Feb 2014, 8:53 pm

Guliver wrote:
Chronos wrote:You're mistake here is putting GOOD and INSTANT in the same sentence. LOL

The mistake you're making is thinking that there is any coffee in those satchels :)

My wife drinks instant and she has been buying Millicano carte noire it's new on the market and is a fair facsimile of real coffee.

http://www.cartenoire.com.au/Instant-Premium-Coffee

Ha Ha, you're probably right. seems like a mix of milk powder and brown colouring in those sachets

i'll be sure and keep an eye out for the carte noire, their site says it's available in coles & woolworths

Chronos

\
Chronos
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by Elek » 07 Feb 2014, 1:51 pm

Millicano was the one I was going to suggest too.

It's half freeze dried and have fresh ground (or something like that) and it seems to hold some proper flavour.
Remington 700 SPS Tactical in .308 Win
Remington 700 XCR Tactical Long Range in .223 Rem
Bushnell Elite Tactical ERS 4.5-30x 50mm
Elek
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Return to Camping, fishing and outdoor recreation