Camping remote ideas/gear

Camping, fishing and outdoor recreational activities. Tips, equipment, accessories, hiking and outdoor cooking.

Re: Camping remote ideas/gear

Post by bladeracer » 27 Oct 2020, 3:17 pm

Blr243 wrote:The creeks I drank from were sandy bottom cape York. Clean and pure as can be other than tannin and boars pee

Nothing wrong with a few nutrients :-)
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 27 Oct 2020, 3:38 pm

Blade it’s good to see you are getting out into the scrub. My hunting trips are in hibernation at the moment
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 27 Oct 2020, 3:51 pm

Blr243 wrote:Blade it’s good to see you are getting out into the scrub. My hunting trips are in hibernation at the moment

I think an awful lot of people down this way are desperate to get out into the bush again, even a lot that never bothered before :-)
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 27 Oct 2020, 4:45 pm

As soon as I finish a couple of work projects , and as soon as the wheat has been harvested , I’m gone from this city so fast that smoke will be coming from my tyres, flames will be coming my exhaust pipe , And my dog will be too scared to poke his head out the window of my Ute in case the high speed wind breaks his neck
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 27 Oct 2020, 4:57 pm

bladeracer wrote:
Blr243 wrote:The creeks I drank from were sandy bottom cape York. Clean and pure as can be other than tannin and boars pee

I ve never done it but I am curious re how much water can actually be produced from the ole hole in ground, plastic sheet and green foliage...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by bladeracer » 27 Oct 2020, 5:19 pm

TassieTiger wrote:
bladeracer wrote:

I ve never done it but I am curious re how much water can actually be produced from the ole hole in ground, plastic sheet and green foliage...

Nowhere near enough to keep you alive in warm weather. It might be enough to let you survive long enough to reach a water supply though.

If you're in an area of rain you're better off stringing a plastic sheet between some trees, hole in the middle, bottle underneath to catch it.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by albat » 29 Oct 2020, 8:12 am

Just got back from a trip in the gulf , 40c and some everyday, hunting swamps in the bloody rubber vine, i always take my Katadyn water filter,chewing through heaps emptying a 3 litre camel pack every 2 hours we filtered water from the swamps to save a 2k walk to the car, another biggie for me is always have spare keys taped to the outside of your vehicle and let hunting mates know where they are, and finally purchase a garmin inreach, these things are super robust for the bush and are well worth the 20 bucks a month subscription especially for non life threading situations where you just need advise rather than helicopter.one more thing in the 40c you need to use electrolytes in your drinks periodically, i use hydrolyte tablets, otherwise you'll be cramping up big time
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Previous

Return to Camping, fishing and outdoor recreation