How to cook goat

Camping, fishing and outdoor recreational activities. Tips, equipment, accessories, hiking and outdoor cooking.

Re: How to cook goat

Post by headspace » 20 Aug 2014, 8:23 pm

In the central western district of NSW goats are fast becoming a commodity. I used to work for RMWiliams before I retired and the big places that had goats on them used the goats to get through a big drought. They just put out portable yards with traps on the gates, put some grain, fodder of some sort and water in there. The goats would go in and as the gate was one way they couldn't get back out and the yards would hold them. Then all you had to do was back a truck up and load the goats. Shooting a goat out there nearly became a hanging offence. Australia is one of the worlds largest goat meat exporters.
If it's not wood and blued steel, it's not one of mine
headspace
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by AusC » 21 Aug 2014, 10:18 am

headspace wrote:In the central western district of NSW goats are fast becoming a commodity.... Shooting a goat out there nearly became a hanging offence.

Funny how it goes. I have friends with a property in NSW who can't shoot the buggers fast enough.

They're over running their place they tell me.
300 Win Mag Tikka T3 Lite.
4-12x42 Zeiss Terra.
AusC
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 21 Aug 2014, 12:37 pm

AusC wrote:
headspace wrote:In the central western district of NSW goats are fast becoming a commodity.... Shooting a goat out there nearly became a hanging offence.

Funny how it goes. I have friends with a property in NSW who can't shoot the buggers fast enough.

They're over running their place they tell me.

Yep the local butchers apprentice has the same problem with deer and goats - bloody everywhere, he just shoots 'em for Dog Tucker as far as I'm aware.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Redwood » 22 Aug 2014, 9:40 am

bigfellascott wrote:Yep the local butchers apprentice has the same problem with deer and goats

That's a "problem" I'd like to have.
Redwood
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Return to Camping, fishing and outdoor recreation