Worst hunting Trip Ever

Camping, fishing and outdoor recreational activities. Tips, equipment, accessories, hiking and outdoor cooking.

Worst hunting Trip Ever

Post by Westy » 01 Nov 2014, 5:42 pm

What was the worst hunting trip you've ever been on and why???? I've got a cracker but I'd like to know it just doesn't happen to me!!!!!! :x :oops: :x :o :o
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Re: Worst hunting Trip Ever

Post by Chronos » 01 Nov 2014, 5:44 pm

no such beast, everytime you leave the city and spend time in the bush is refreshing for the soul :)

of course i've never been bitten by a brown snake or has the chainsaw come down on my head so your milage may vary :lol:

Chronos
Chronos
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by Westy » 01 Nov 2014, 5:57 pm

Chronos wrote:no such beast, everytime you leave the city and spend time in the bush is refreshing for the soul :)

of course i've never been bitten by a brown snake or has the chainsaw come down on my head so your milage may vary :lol:

Chronos

Mines a lot worse than that, I wish it was a Brown Snake!!!!!!! :x :( :x
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by cavok » 01 Nov 2014, 6:09 pm

See, there is a God.
“When all about you have lost their heads and you remain calm, perhaps you do not understand the problem”.
Per ardua ad astra.
cavok
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Chronos » 01 Nov 2014, 6:21 pm

Westy wrote:
Chronos wrote:no such beast, everytime you leave the city and spend time in the bush is refreshing for the soul :)

Chronos

Mines a lot worse than that, I wish it was a Brown Snake!!!!!!! :x :( :x

black bear? saltwater crocodile? hoop snake? ex girlfriend? :lol: :lol: :lol:

i'll wait till others tell their worst stories but i did have one camping trip, not hunting but we were in watagan SF friday arvo i was cutting some long branches down with a hatchet, my (now) wife said "be careful with that, i dont' want to have to take you to hospital"

"yeah yeah" said i, as if! NEK MINIT! yup, caught on an edge f a notch and boom right in the shin. fortunately no real damage a clean and a couple of steri strips couldn't fix :?

next day, the 80 series threw a timing belt, i had tools but the engine was only a few thousand K's new and still under waranteeso we got towed to the mechanics. an easter weekend spoiled but it was still better than being at work :)

Chronos
Last edited by Chronos on 01 Nov 2014, 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chronos
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by Chronos » 01 Nov 2014, 6:22 pm

cavok wrote:See, there is a God.

what?

Chronos
Chronos
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by ToddG » 01 Nov 2014, 6:43 pm

I've never had anything drastic happen.
I wrote off my car once and a mate rolled his car once and looking back they were two of the best camping trips I've had. Haha.
ToddG
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by cavok » 01 Nov 2014, 7:31 pm

Chronos wrote:what?

My post is legitimate, see the post above mine initially for reference. You will then understand. Brown snakes are nothing.
“When all about you have lost their heads and you remain calm, perhaps you do not understand the problem”.
Per ardua ad astra.
cavok
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Chronos » 01 Nov 2014, 7:42 pm

Too cryptic for me, obviously "out if the loop"

Never mind :lol:

Chronos
Chronos
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by Westy » 01 Nov 2014, 8:33 pm

Well it goes a little like this ,a few years ago a guy turned up at our local Archery club and he was a friend of a friend and we got talking he was ex ADF and we had a good chat about whatever .A few days later he calls up and tells me the wife and the daughter have left him and he's in a world of pain. I try and help this guy out and borrow him a $1500 compound and eventually sell it to him for 1\2 price. he starts shooting comps and starts really showing some promise after about 6 months of training decide it's time to do a Red deer trip up to a mates place in the Mary Valley.

We leave Friday morning about 6-00am say goodbye to the wife and kids and were off about 3 hrs latter we arrive .I'm setting up camp while this bloke lets call him (Matt) is using my Camera to take pictures of the surrounding area and terrain, I'm unpacking the last of the stuff off the Ute like the fridge and table and chairs when it happens?????
I feel a cold chill shoot up my spine and as I turn around here this prick is standing there naked except for the sandshoes!!!WTF I cry, he says do you like my body??? Well it happened "I Was Lost For f***ing Words" Yes me :o :o :o , All I could say was I like it a whole lot better with f***ing clothes on. Serious what a loser he then retreats and says I told you I was a nudist!! Well here I am at Darryl's and this prick has freaked me and himself out and so I ask are you off your meds he replies no I just love being naked. After I threatened him a few times to get his gear on I started packing up. He turns and says what are you doing to which I reply "Getting the f*** outta here" He pipes up and says so you've decided to ruin our weekend !!!At this point I put everything into the Ute and started to leave he starts running after me which was never going to end well, naked in some sandshoes with all this jingle s**t hanging off his nipples and stalk FFS

Come Back Come back!!!I felt a little sorry and gave him a ride out to the road and told him to get the f*** out... This was the most Worrying\Disturbing thing that has happened to me in my life , I tried to help a prick who was down on his luck and this is what I got WTF??? I arrived home at 4-00pm that afternoon and my wife pulls in behind me and asks what's wrong, she fell off the seat laughing my daughter fell of the seat laughing and I fell off the seat!!!

I wasn't f***ing Laughing it was at this point that I realised his car was still parked outside my place, he arrived latter that night to pick it up and started saying I sorry and I had issues' I asked him to leave or I'd call the Cops and he left but as he left he asked me not to tell anyone else at the club and I agreed. He asked 4 other blokes out on a hunting trip and guess what same s**t???What a wanker , the real down side to this is he still has my camera as I left I forgot to get it off the prick but I think it's a small price to pay for what happened!!! I once was glad to take people out hunting no strings attached did it for years and enjoyed it, we now have a new rule if after 12 months you seem normal you get a invite other wise you can piss right off :evil: :( :twisted:
Don't laugh he's still out there moved back to N.S.W funny that somewhere around the Tea Gardens so we've heard!!!
This makes wolf creek seem enjoyable!!!! :lol: :D :lol:
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Lorgar » 01 Nov 2014, 8:42 pm

Freezing day, one where you really needed a fire to avoid being completely miserable... Arrived at our spot just before dark and it start pissing with rain immediately.

We normally take matches, a few fire lighters and that's it. Gather the rest. Too soaked to do that this time.

Instead had to pour all the chainsaw fuel on the kindling and it took 3 of us scavenging pretty much non-stop for an hour and a half, hand feeding bits of bark and whatever loose dry material we could find to get the fire self sustaining against the rain.

It was a 'frost in your beard' kind of morning when we woke up.

****** :lol:
Lorgar
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by cruze82 » 01 Nov 2014, 9:00 pm

holy SH*T I just fell of my chair westy he tried to go go broke back mountain on you!!!!
I thaught my last hunting trip was bad when I shot F all but that takes the cake, who saw that coming not you!!!
cruze82
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Browning » 01 Nov 2014, 9:05 pm

Hahaha that's gold... An arrow short in the quiver!! Lol
What a fookin weirdo!!
Browning
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Juganort » 01 Nov 2014, 9:51 pm

hahaha thats gold. Was it the "do you like my body?" question that tipped you over the edge? :lol:
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.
Juganort
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Baldrick314 » 01 Nov 2014, 10:01 pm

:lol: Had a couple hunts where I came up empty handed, seems like a dream for your hunt Westy!
.177, .22lr, .22-250R, 2x .308W, .30-30W, 7.62x54r, 8x56r, 9x19, .357 Mag, 12GA
Baldrick314
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by tom604 » 01 Nov 2014, 10:58 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: puts the old nudie run in a different light, :lol: :lol: :lol: my worst was "bugs" as in the ground was heaving with bugs,,horror movie style all drawn to the light,,thousands of bugs,,thousands
tom604
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

South Australia

Post by MrClark » 01 Nov 2014, 11:20 pm

Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!! Thats the funniest story ive ever heard!!!! What an arsehole!! Hahaha he could of at least asked you if it was ok to get naked! Must have been traumatising, ive heard stories from up in the pilbara of blokes loosing their marble and running around site naked and screaming nonsense, thats sorta understandable, but no, no what happened to is pretty brutal hahahaha
I really hope Export isn't actually Exported, mighty embarrassing for WA, hahaha I'll still drink it though
MrClark
Private
Private

Western Australia

Post by bigfellascott » 02 Nov 2014, 6:28 am

:lol: :lol: maybe he's a fan of Brokeback Mountain :lol: :lol: :lol: that's a pissa of a story mate, certainly can't top that one! :D I notice this all happened in Queeeeensland - how very appropriate! :lol:

So did he leave you any little memories on your camera! :lol: :lol: :lol:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by bigfellascott » 02 Nov 2014, 6:35 am

MrClark wrote:Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!! Thats the funniest story ive ever heard!!!! What an arsehole!! Hahaha he could of at least asked you if it was ok to get naked! Must have been traumatising, ive heard stories from up in the pilbara of blokes loosing their marble and running around site naked and screaming nonsense, thats sorta understandable, but no, no what happened to is pretty brutal hahahaha

I'm pretty sure he wanted Westy to check that out! :lol: :lol: :lol:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Westy » 02 Nov 2014, 7:04 am

I don't know Scott never did see that camera again!!!!! And I never want to see this little prick again either!!!!!
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 02 Nov 2014, 7:29 am

Westy wrote:I don't know Scott never did see that camera again!!!!! And I never want to see this little prick again either!!!!!

Which little prick are you talking about exactly? :lol: Ya lucky he didn't ambush ya in the tent mate! :lol: :lol: he's obviously got the wrong idea about camping, well at least got the being camp and camping mixed up. :D
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Noisydad » 02 Nov 2014, 7:40 am

Pretty sure we'd NEVER read a story like this on U.S. or pommy forum! :-D :-D :-D
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Combat_Wombat » 02 Nov 2014, 7:59 am

Didn't look like this bloke at all did he? :lol:

Handy bloke to take out hunting he has his own night vision gear and is a pretty handy skinner
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (62.5 KiB) Viewed 5713 times
Remington 700 CDL .270
Rossi M92 44mag
CZ 452 deluxe .22LR
Howa 1500 .204
Savage FVSR 22
Combat_Wombat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Bennybigbores » 02 Nov 2014, 10:55 am

Well it was worse than a brown snake, the old one eyed purple Python hey!
Howa axiom varmint .243
C.Gustav 6.5x55 (sporterised)
Savage mkII T.hole varmint 17hmr
Chiappa lever action 12g
Baikal S.Shot .308
Mossberg plinkster .22
Norinco lever .22
E.T.C
Bennybigbores
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Warrigul » 02 Nov 2014, 10:57 am

Lorgar wrote:Freezing day, one where you really needed a fire to avoid being completely miserable... Arrived at our spot just before dark and it start pissing with rain immediately.

We normally take matches, a few fire lighters and that's it. Gather the rest. Too soaked to do that this time.

Instead had to pour all the chainsaw fuel on the kindling and it took 3 of us scavenging pretty much non-stop for an hour and a half, hand feeding bits of bark and whatever loose dry material we could find to get the fire self sustaining against the rain.

It was a 'frost in your beard' kind of morning when we woke up.

****** :lol:

I can light a fire in any weather but I still have a small propane torch in the ute, it will start a fire in any situation. I hate suffering and standing over a smelly bucket of dirt or sand soaked in petrol just doesn't appeal to me anymore.

Propane torch, will change your life, swear to god.
Warrigul
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by Westy » 02 Nov 2014, 5:03 pm

Combat_Wombat wrote:Didn't look like this bloke at all did he? :lol:

Handy bloke to take out hunting he has his own night vision gear and is a pretty handy skinner

WHO THE f*** IS THAT GUY AND NO he didn't look like that ,this prick was a gym junkie and to tell the truth I wasn't sure I could have beaten him down so I pissed off quick!!!! Come Back Boooo Hooohooo I new I shouldn't hasve mentioned this!!!!! :oops: :o :oops:
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Combat_Wombat » 02 Nov 2014, 5:26 pm

Westy wrote:
Combat_Wombat wrote:Didn't look like this bloke at all did he? :lol:

WHO THE f*** IS THAT GUY AND NO he didn't look like that ,this prick was a gym junkie and to tell the truth I wasn't sure I could have beaten him down so I pissed off quick!!!! Come Back Boooo Hooohooo I new I shouldn't hasve mentioned this!!!!! :oops: :o :oops:

Buffalo Bill pretty sure he's from Cunnamulla ;)

Oh and might be worth hiring silence of the lambs too
Remington 700 CDL .270
Rossi M92 44mag
CZ 452 deluxe .22LR
Howa 1500 .204
Savage FVSR 22
Combat_Wombat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Westy » 02 Nov 2014, 6:23 pm

O.K??? :? :shock: :?
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by North East » 02 Nov 2014, 6:50 pm

Never really had a bad one, I can handle multiple tyre punctures with bead breakers, tubes or plugs, A major mechanical issue would be a problem, Then it is a walk out or set off the PLB if life threatening.
Browning BL-22 lever action...open sights
T3 Varmint .204 Ruger...Meopta Meostar 4-16X44
T3 Lite .30-06 Sprg...Aimpoint Hunter 1X red dot

....that will do me
North East
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by tom604 » 02 Nov 2014, 8:54 pm

buffalo bill was in the silence of the lambs,used to skin people, had night vision goggles,liked being naked, a lot ,bit like your buddy ,dont you watch the movies westy? :lol: :lol:
tom604
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

South Australia

Next

Return to Camping, fishing and outdoor recreation