Freeloading camping pricks.

Camping, fishing and outdoor recreational activities. Tips, equipment, accessories, hiking and outdoor cooking.

Freeloading camping pricks.

Post by Warrigul » 30 Mar 2015, 8:35 am

A bit of a rant, went for a ride early this morning and counted five tourists parked overnight on various nature strips and public grassed areas, none of them self contained, none near any toilets whatsoever. I am getting sick of bits of toilet paper (courtesy of the ladies) littering areas where it is specifically signposted NO OVERNIGHT STOPPING.

Also getting sick of tourists pitching their annexes over picnic tables, parking in stupid places, driving off with the black/grey water outlets trickling out(an old dodge rather than taking the time to visit a dump point, emptying their toilets in public loos and dirtying them up, driving across parks when it is wet and ripping up the grass etc etc.

It especially pisses me off as there is an area out the front of my place that attracts them, what harm? Well many like to start up their diesels at 6.00 am and warm them up for at least half an hour before leaving or use their generators overnight, setup a firepot and throw every bit of green wood they can into it and smoke up the area. They all seem to think I should be grateful they are there as they are some type of economic saviour, but in fact they spend as little as possible mainly fuel and groceries at coles or woolies.

And ya know what? There is a bloody big sign there advising it is not on and every single one of the basterds will argue the point when asked to: turn off your generator at 12 midnight, put out their smokey smudge pot, or just piss orf. (I knocked on the door of a van this morning at 4.00am partially blocking my driveway, wasn't there at 10.30 when I went out- and ya also know what? there is toilet paper in the gutter next to where they were parked ).

This morning there was a 4wd and a camper parked across four disabled carpark spots at the local supermarket and another idiot parked across the front of the postoffice and blocking the access to a carpark(apparently membership of a very illustrious motorhome club gives you the right to park where you want to).

The cops shift them on a regular basis when called, as a group they have made themselves unwelcome and the sad thing is we often head off and free camp on the mainland and around the state, I used to be able to see their point of view. You know what they would soon complain if someone did the same in their town.

Rant over OI am going to bed for a while.
Warrigul
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Re: Freeloading camping pricks.

Post by Wes » 31 Mar 2015, 7:44 pm

Warrigul wrote:This morning there was a 4wd and a camper parked across four disabled carpark spots at the local supermarket

That s**t pisses me off.

And you know there are always plenty of spots a minutes walk away at the end of car parks where they could park in the empty sections and cause no drama.

Nope. Gotta park as close as possible at the expense of others.
Wes
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 31 Mar 2015, 10:32 pm

I'd go f***ing burko ! Im talking 10 mm flexible steel wire rope tyed off to the tailshaft up the side and over the roof hitched to the truck and taking off at right angles flipping the dirty pricks on the roof type of burko !

One drilling co. I worked for had a box posted to them by a station owner, when they opened the box it had a big turd in it and a heap of dirty toilet paper with a note that read .... Take your F ing Shi7 with you next time .... Apparently the driller or one of his offsiders had made little or no effort to bury his feces around the drill camp near the bore they had drilled.

The moral of the story is pretty obvious,
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by horter » 01 Apr 2015, 12:43 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:One drilling co. I worked for had a box posted to them......

NICE :lol:
Ruger Hawkeye All Weather in .30-06
Sako L61R 7mm Rem Mag
Sako L461 Vixen .222 Rem
Savage 42 combination 22 WMR/410 bore
horter
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Seconds » 01 Apr 2015, 1:50 pm

Warrigul wrote:I am getting sick of bits of toilet paper (courtesy of the ladies) littering areas where it is specifically signposted NO OVERNIGHT STOPPING.

Maybe get on the phone to some tow companies.

Can they just take them if they're parked in breach of posted signs?
Sako 85 Hunter
.308 Winchester
Seconds
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by vexesus » 01 Apr 2015, 2:05 pm

Is there a fine when the cops shuffle them along or just a warning?
vexesus
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Khan » 02 Apr 2015, 7:28 am

on_one_wheel wrote:One drilling co. I worked for had a box posted to them by a station owner, when they opened the box it had a big turd in it and a heap of dirty toilet paper with a note that read .... Take your F ing Shi7 with you next time .... Apparently the driller or one of his offsiders had made little or no effort to bury his feces around the drill camp near the bore they had drilled.

That's gold :lol: :D
44 Rem. Magnum Marlin Model 1894
.280 Rem. Browning X-Bolt Hunter
Khan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Blackened » 07 Apr 2015, 9:32 am

Seconds wrote:Maybe get on the phone to some tow companies.

If you could get a tow truck to someone in a timely fashion that could work :problem: :roll:
Blackened

New South Wales

Post by Sender » 16 Apr 2015, 10:24 am

Gotta finish that coffee before they drive. Never seen one without a coffee in hand is the problem :lol:
Sender
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by deye243 » 16 Apr 2015, 2:31 pm

i live in a seaside village in vic and see this all the time and the cops don't give a sh1t they just drive past and wave

laws and by-laws don't mean squat if they are not enforced .
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Usurper » 16 Apr 2015, 3:44 pm

Gotta get to their speed traps probably :problem:
.308 CZ 550 American
.222 Tikka Varmint
.357 Mag Marlin 1894
Usurper
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by FuzzyM » 16 Apr 2015, 6:51 pm

Cable ties around the driveshaft, preferably next to the muffler.
Although I suppose most vans these days are front wheel drive.
Thankfully the local illegally camp in the rest area, area, is nowhere near my house ;)

I am a big proponent of more free camping in this country, but when I see the state of the campsites we do have, I'm not surprised they close them down.
How hard is it to bury your business and take your rubbish with you? I often clean up other peoples rubbish now, just to stop sites from getting closed.
FuzzyM
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by AusC » 17 Apr 2015, 10:39 am

FuzzyM wrote:I often clean up other peoples rubbish now, just to stop sites from getting closed.

I take a bag for rubbish each camping trip and always find a few handfuls worth of stuff others have left behind. I end up taking more of others rubbish than I brought most times.
300 Win Mag Tikka T3 Lite.
4-12x42 Zeiss Terra.
AusC
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by jake84 » 17 Apr 2015, 10:54 am

It drives me nuts .
My misses must think im a massive alcho ‘i don’t even drink !
Every time I come back home from a camping trip my boot has at least 1 big bag of bottles courtesy from the pricks that left them behind .
The good old saying Go’s
If you look after something it lasts longer .
jake84
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Sakoh » 20 Apr 2015, 9:00 am

jake84 wrote:My misses must think im a massive alcho ‘i don’t even drink !

Yeah neither do it, it's all other blokes rubbish

*WINK*

:lol:
Sakoh
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by jake84 » 20 Apr 2015, 9:30 am

Sakoh wrote:
jake84 wrote:My misses must think im a massive alcho ‘i don’t even drink !

Yeah neither do it, it's all other blokes rubbish

*WINK*

:lol:

lol

i really dont mate i hate the stuff
jake84
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by BBJ » 20 Apr 2015, 4:35 pm

One thing I'll give being a teetotaller is it's sure as hell easier on the wallet drinking water :|
Weatherby Vanguard .223 Remington
Tikka T3 Varmint Stainless .243 Winchester
R.I.P. M1 Garand .30-06 Springfield

Leupold VX-R 4-12x40
BBJ
Corporal
Corporal

Northern Territory

Post by FuzzyM » 20 Apr 2015, 5:06 pm

BBJ wrote:One thing I'll give being a teetotaller is it's sure as hell easier on the wallet drinking water :|

Unless its fancy European water!
Went to Germany and standard mineral water is twice the price of beer.
I don't drink beer..... $$$ :(
Also you nearly cant get non mineral water in bottles.
FuzzyM
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Smiley » 20 Apr 2015, 5:52 pm

What annoys me is going to a creek or river and finding a campfire place full of stubbies and cans. Don't they know that stuff doesn't burn? And then they have crapped behind every tree and buried nothing, leaving sh1t and toilet paper everywhere. Or finding fish heads and dead turtles from their fishing trip.
Thankfully I live out of town on a back road so I don't get caravaners, only poachers.
Smiley
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by jake84 » 21 Apr 2015, 7:20 am

BBJ wrote:One thing I'll give being a teetotaller is it's sure as hell easier on the wallet drinking water :|

it sure s :P
jake84
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Harper » 21 Apr 2015, 7:12 pm

The trick is to just drink reallllllly crappy booze to save $$$ :lol:
Savage 14/114 American Classic 30-06 Springfield
Savage Axis 25-06 Remington
Harper
Corporal
Corporal

Northern Territory

Post by PaWNTANK » 22 Apr 2015, 9:03 pm

Never had free loading campers, but bloody picnickers and tourists.
I used to live on quite a sizeable farm in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland overlooking the Glass House Mountains. Our drive way was a kilometre long winding down a hill.
We had three signs along the way saying it was private property and to not come down without an appointment or unless you knew us.
I caught people walking on the driveway every week. Or they would come down in their cars and set up picnics in our paddocks and leave s**t everywhere or park across the entrance to our driveway to take photos. I used to walk out of the scrub near the driveway and scare the crap out of them. Then ask why they were on private property and if they saw the signs on the way in. A few used to get angry when I confronted them and claimed they knew the property owner and had permission to be there. Then I would be like "oh you know my grandpa Jack?" and they would always agree. And I would be like "Hmm thats weird, I don't actually have a grandpa Jack, I'll go fetch my dad and see if he knows you" They would pack up in a snap.
Marlin XT-22 Varmint
Howa 1500 Varmint .308 WIN
Remington 700 TAC 21 30-06 SPRG
Boito Reuna 12G
Gamo Cadet .177
PaWNTANK
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Seik » 24 Apr 2015, 2:16 pm

PaWNTANK wrote:A few used to get angry when I confronted them and claimed they knew the property owner and had permission to be there. Then I would be like "oh you know my grandpa Jack?" and they would always agree. And I would be like "Hmm thats weird, I don't actually have a grandpa Jack, I'll go fetch my dad and see if he knows you" They would pack up in a snap.

The old 'I know the owner' trick :lol:

Always gets given a try but I'd be amazed if anyone has ever pulled it off before :oops:
Seik
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Gwion » 24 Apr 2015, 5:12 pm

Seik wrote:
PaWNTANK wrote:A few used to get angry when I confronted them and claimed they knew the property owner and had permission to be there. Then I would be like "oh you know my grandpa Jack?" and they would always agree. And I would be like "Hmm thats weird, I don't actually have a grandpa Jack, I'll go fetch my dad and see if he knows you" They would pack up in a snap.

The old 'I know the owner' trick :lol:

Always gets given a try but I'd be amazed if anyone has ever pulled it off before :oops:

Some people are thick, aren't they!?!

Say "i now the owner" to someone questioning them about being on private property. Like, whi is going to give a toss enough to ask unless they are the owner or know them very well!??!
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Herdsman » 26 Apr 2015, 1:53 pm

Idiots just trying to save face when they get caught doing what they know is the wrong thing.
Shepherding bullets down range.

Tikka Hunter Stainless Fluted 300 Win Mag
Tikka Battue Lite .308 Win
Tikka Varmint Stainless .222 Rem
Herdsman
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Return to Camping, fishing and outdoor recreation