Freeloading camping pricks.

Camping, fishing and outdoor recreational activities. Tips, equipment, accessories, hiking and outdoor cooking.

Re: Freeloading camping pricks.

Post by Smiley » 20 Apr 2015, 5:52 pm

What annoys me is going to a creek or river and finding a campfire place full of stubbies and cans. Don't they know that stuff doesn't burn? And then they have crapped behind every tree and buried nothing, leaving sh1t and toilet paper everywhere. Or finding fish heads and dead turtles from their fishing trip.
Thankfully I live out of town on a back road so I don't get caravaners, only poachers.
Smiley
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by jake84 » 21 Apr 2015, 7:20 am

BBJ wrote:One thing I'll give being a teetotaller is it's sure as hell easier on the wallet drinking water :|

it sure s :P
jake84
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Harper » 21 Apr 2015, 7:12 pm

BBJ wrote:One thing I'll give being a teetotaller is it's sure as hell easier on the wallet drinking water :|

The trick is to just drink reallllllly crappy booze to save $$$ :lol:
Savage 14/114 American Classic 30-06 Springfield
Savage Axis 25-06 Remington
Harper
Corporal
Corporal

Northern Territory

Post by PaWNTANK » 22 Apr 2015, 9:03 pm

Never had free loading campers, but bloody picnickers and tourists.
I used to live on quite a sizeable farm in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland overlooking the Glass House Mountains. Our drive way was a kilometre long winding down a hill.
We had three signs along the way saying it was private property and to not come down without an appointment or unless you knew us.
I caught people walking on the driveway every week. Or they would come down in their cars and set up picnics in our paddocks and leave s**t everywhere or park across the entrance to our driveway to take photos. I used to walk out of the scrub near the driveway and scare the crap out of them. Then ask why they were on private property and if they saw the signs on the way in. A few used to get angry when I confronted them and claimed they knew the property owner and had permission to be there. Then I would be like "oh you know my grandpa Jack?" and they would always agree. And I would be like "Hmm thats weird, I don't actually have a grandpa Jack, I'll go fetch my dad and see if he knows you" They would pack up in a snap.
Marlin XT-22 Varmint
Howa 1500 Varmint .308 WIN
Remington 700 TAC 21 30-06 SPRG
Boito Reuna 12G
Gamo Cadet .177
PaWNTANK
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Seik » 24 Apr 2015, 2:16 pm

PaWNTANK wrote:A few used to get angry when I confronted them and claimed they knew the property owner and had permission to be there. Then I would be like "oh you know my grandpa Jack?" and they would always agree. And I would be like "Hmm thats weird, I don't actually have a grandpa Jack, I'll go fetch my dad and see if he knows you" They would pack up in a snap.

The old 'I know the owner' trick :lol:

Always gets given a try but I'd be amazed if anyone has ever pulled it off before :oops:
Seik
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Gwion » 24 Apr 2015, 5:12 pm

Seik wrote:
PaWNTANK wrote:A few used to get angry when I confronted them and claimed they knew the property owner and had permission to be there. Then I would be like "oh you know my grandpa Jack?" and they would always agree. And I would be like "Hmm thats weird, I don't actually have a grandpa Jack, I'll go fetch my dad and see if he knows you" They would pack up in a snap.

The old 'I know the owner' trick :lol:

Always gets given a try but I'd be amazed if anyone has ever pulled it off before :oops:

Some people are thick, aren't they!?!

Say "i now the owner" to someone questioning them about being on private property. Like, whi is going to give a toss enough to ask unless they are the owner or know them very well!??!
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Herdsman » 26 Apr 2015, 1:53 pm

Idiots just trying to save face when they get caught doing what they know is the wrong thing.
Shepherding bullets down range.

Tikka Hunter Stainless Fluted 300 Win Mag
Tikka Battue Lite .308 Win
Tikka Varmint Stainless .222 Rem
Herdsman
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Return to Camping, fishing and outdoor recreation