oh the SHAME

Camping, fishing and outdoor recreational activities. Tips, equipment, accessories, hiking and outdoor cooking.

Re: oh the SHAME

Post by joker » 09 Jun 2015, 10:48 pm

so what do you do when you actually hunt fox's and feral's?

is there any benefits such as meat, fur or what ever? or is the only benefit that there is just one less of them :lol: :lol:

cheers joker
joker
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Gwion » 10 Jun 2015, 9:48 am

Depends, Joker. Most feral species are edible if prep'ed right and you know what to look for (to avoid). Everything has fur that can be used if you have a use for &/or inclination to process it.

There is also just the benefit of the fact there is one less rampaging feral destroying native wildlife and habitat.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by joker » 10 Jun 2015, 10:39 am

You actually eat any of them Gwion?

Reason why I mentioned it is because I've talked to some older generation people who used to live in the villages and mentioned they used to to get the fox for its fur and sell it.

So just curious to what people do with their pest/feral kills

Oh and when you kill it and don't do nothing with it is there a way of disposing it or I you just leave it where it lays to decompose ?
joker
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Gwion » 11 Jun 2015, 8:13 am

Not many ferals where i live. Quite a few cats but they aren't on the menu. Most of my pest shooting is one species of wallaby that is extremely prolific locally. We cull them to keep the population in check. I occasionally eat them but not often.

Some of the wallaby go to dog food and the rest are sent to a near by wildlife park to feed the devils.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by joker » 11 Jun 2015, 8:48 am

That's fair enough gwion. Sounds fun :D
joker
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria