Fishing in Tassie

Camping, fishing and outdoor recreational activities. Tips, equipment, accessories, hiking and outdoor cooking.

Re: Fishing in Tassie

Post by Gwion » 21 Oct 2015, 11:16 am

Yeah... there's a nice little stream trout rising right now near my front gate.

Too bad i have to meet a guy about a job or i'd go flick a fly to him. Maybe later this arvo/evening. See if any of his mates or uncles and aunts are around at last light, too.

Agree with everything Polack says above, only i use different hooks and usually one worm. A good sized scrubby.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by RoginaJack » 21 Oct 2015, 3:36 pm

Yep, just got back yesterday, Tuesday from Tassie. Did no good up around the Sisters Beach area but a few of the locals got a feed. Talking to another Local fishing for Black Backs with spinners at Davenport off the bank at the park and he got 6 - good size too.
I'm mainly chasing trout but didn't get a chance this trip - too cold and windy, I think it needs a few warm days in a row to improve things.
Cheers & tight lines.
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Gwion » 21 Oct 2015, 7:59 pm

Watched two fish by my gate feeding heavily on midges or some other minuscule insect for about ten minutes today. Then I decided to head home and have a beer because I may have flies that small but I CBF trying to tie them on and cast them.
Fun watching the fish, though,
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Carter » 22 Oct 2015, 9:31 am

Gwion wrote:Helps if you bait the hook, i'm told! :clap:

Wait, hook? :mrgreen:
Carter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Gwion » 29 Mar 2017, 5:56 pm

Finally caught the bigger fish near my gate that keeps feeding on tiny, near invisible insects. Was a henfish but i only got video, no photo. Caught it last Wednesday and put it back. Measured 48cm and a healthy fish in good condition.
Found a bigger one just upstream a few hundred meters but haven't managed to get near it yet. Has refused my fly about 5 times already! :problem:
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Return to Camping, fishing and outdoor recreation