How should one store a rifle and ammo while camping?

Camping, fishing and outdoor recreational activities. Tips, equipment, accessories, hiking and outdoor cooking.

Re: How should one store a rifle and ammo while camping?

Post by Seconds » 08 Apr 2016, 1:42 pm

southeast varmiter wrote:Or better yet, rock up at a state forest to be yelled at by "children of the earth" that hunting is forbidden

lol, have an interesting weekend?
Sako 85 Hunter
.308 Winchester
Seconds
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 08 Apr 2016, 5:53 pm

southeast varmiter wrote:Or better yet, rock up at a state forest to be yelled at by "children of the earth" that hunting is forbidden

I'm thinking of Warburton....the road heading up the hills have multi coloured crap hanging from the trees, vans with peacey symbols painted, women with hairy pits....kids in nappies running around, blokes with dreds.... :wtf:
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Die Judicii » 08 Apr 2016, 10:08 pm

How should one store a rifle and ammo while camping ?

> CAREFULLY

:D :lol:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by brett1868 » 08 Apr 2016, 10:51 pm

Rifles locked up in the car, Mossberg U/O loaded, safety on and muzzle down in the swag with me. If a snake makes the mistake of trying to slither into the swag then I want to be prepared :)
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Title_II » 09 Apr 2016, 2:31 am

<<Genesis93>> wrote:

I'm thinking of Warburton....the road heading up the hills have multi coloured crap hanging from the trees, vans with peacey symbols painted, women with hairy pits....kids in nappies running around, blokes with dreds.... :wtf:

You mates have those, too? They are called smelly hippies. They hate water, throw a bucket of water and a bar of soap at them and they will all melt. Problem solved.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Previous

Return to Camping, fishing and outdoor recreation