Adventure Kings Double Swag

Camping, fishing and outdoor recreational activities. Tips, equipment, accessories, hiking and outdoor cooking.

Adventure Kings Double Swag

Post by scope » 13 May 2016, 9:48 am

Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has the Adventure Kings Double Swag? How do you find it build quality and comfort etc.

Partner and I currently have the Oztent RV-5 for our trips but contemplating getting something smaller to have too.

Cheers
Whats with the name scope?
It's a long story, 9 stitches long.
scope
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Re: Adventure Kings Double Swag

Post by Stubbles McBeard » 13 May 2016, 5:57 pm

Yep, got one. Pretty happy with it for a cheap swag. Plenty big enough and actually goes into it's storage bag. It is that thinner "rip stop" style of canvas, saves weight but may not be as hard wearing as full weight stuff. Easy to set up, hoops clip in at either end and has a steel pole between the two, which can be quite tight to fit. The pvc floor comes up quite high, about 80mm, which is a plus.
As far as water proofing goes, I set mine up and sprayed it with the hose to swell all the stitching, then let it dry out and did it again. It did let a little bit of water in around the seams the first time, which I expect from any swag, but it was no worries the second time round.

All in all, I think this is a good value swag for moderate use, but if you were living out of it for months on end, it might not be the best choice. But for the price, I got mine for $170, it's bloody good value, even if it only lasts a few years.
Stubbles McBeard
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by scotty87 » 13 May 2016, 6:25 pm

Have heard good things about the oztrail Mitchell swags, pretty sure my bro has adventure kings roof top tent on his 80 series and is happy with it.
scotty87
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by tractor88 » 13 May 2016, 6:50 pm

I have the ARB Double swag for all our camping without the camper trailer. Yep, it is more expensive than the Adventure Kings but what a hell of a swag. Top notch canvas, and mattress, bucket floor and quality poles. I really rate and recommend it. Taken it everywhere including Simpson Desert and a fortnight at Frazer Island in pouring rain and storms and it was without incident. Excellent midge proof windows and ventilation. I know it is not the swag you are enquiring about but thought I'd throw it in as I believe it will last many, many years.
Cheers.
tractor88
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Wobble » 06 Jul 2016, 4:00 pm

I've been tossing up about the ARB one.

I know they make good stuff but think they've also become a bit of the "Mercedes Benz" of the 4WD world where you're paying a noticeable amount for the badge.

Worth it you say?
Weatherby Vanguards in .300 Weatherby Magnum and .243 Winchester
Wobble
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by tractor88 » 11 Jul 2016, 4:03 pm

Yeah, I do agree with your opinion that ARB asks a premium price for their products but I was very impressed with the swag quality, size and ease of putting it up. Takes only a couple of minutes literally. The other thing about dealing with a company like ARB is that they have a strong dealer network Australia wide so any probs with their stuff you can get service no matter where you may be. I heard about delays and waiting on return phone calls with the other companies doing the rounds. I am not saying Adventure Kings are a concern but have heard a few have had back-up customer service issues with some suppliers. Anyway, that's my opinion on the swag, we love it and are very happy.
Cheers.
tractor88
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by chacka » 14 Jul 2016, 3:14 pm

Speaking of price and badges, looked up the price of Warn winches lately? :wtf:
More Than Just The Gun
chacka
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by tractor88 » 16 Jul 2016, 1:24 pm

chacka wrote:Speaking of price and badges, looked up the price of Warn winches lately? :wtf:

Tell me bout it. Ludicrous isn't it. I have been told by a mate in the business that the Ironman winches are produced in the same factory as Warn products (this may be untrue but he's usually switched on with his product knowledge) and are half the price. Its also the only winch at the moment with a breather hose and fully sealed for water submersion. I am currently in the market for one so will probably give the Ironman a go. Their warranty is awesome too compared to Warn.
tractor88
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Wobble » 26 Jul 2016, 1:19 pm

I had a look at their portable 12v air compressors yesterday.

$800 they want for their top one!
Weatherby Vanguards in .300 Weatherby Magnum and .243 Winchester
Wobble
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by tractor88 » 27 Jul 2016, 10:57 am

Ouch! That's a lot of $$$ for some air. I paid $199.00 for a 160psi double piston portable compressor about 6yrs ago and it hasn't missed a beat. Looks like I saved $600 and still does the same as the Big Brand one. Sometimes the old saying, "you get what you paid for" doesn't always ring true.
tractor88
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Return to Camping, fishing and outdoor recreation