Bio Lite campstove

Camping, fishing and outdoor recreational activities. Tips, equipment, accessories, hiking and outdoor cooking.

Bio Lite campstove

Post by Baronvonrort » 16 Sep 2016, 11:58 am

Nifty little product it can charge your phone while boiling water for coffee.

Not many left.

www.sharperimage.com/si/view/product/Bi ... 179?trail=
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Re: Bio Lite campstove

Post by inspector » 23 Nov 2016, 3:50 pm

Clever.

I'd be always worrying someone is going to kick it over onto your phone :lol:
inspector
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 23 Nov 2016, 4:53 pm

Wouldnt you better off with one of these?

http://www.ebay.com.au/bhp/portable-solar-charger
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by lole » 13 Jun 2017, 12:01 pm

Clever tech, but c'mon. How badly do you need to charge you phone you'd have to do it off a fire? :lol:
lole
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Wombat » 13 Jun 2017, 5:59 pm

A peltier device like in the el cheapo fridges. Good idea for a woodstove chimney. I looked into about 10 years ago when I was living off grid, but it wasn't anywhere near cost effective so I just got a couple more solar panels instead.
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 13 Jun 2017, 8:56 pm

Perfect for the inner city hipster! :roll:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by WatchyShooter » 13 Jun 2017, 8:59 pm

bigfellascott wrote:Perfect for the inner city hipster! :roll:

See the hipster in me says I can use it to charge my phone, the other me says find a good USB LED lamp and you’ve got a nice little camping stove with light that powers itself :thumbsup:
Firearm-less LAFO!
New shooter, guns to come soon!
WatchyShooter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by bigfellascott » 13 Jun 2017, 9:05 pm

WatchyShooter wrote:

See the hipster in me says I can use it to charge my phone, the other me says find a good USB LED lamp and you’ve got a nice little camping stove with light that powers itself :thumbsup:

Yep ya definitely a hipster :D

Me I'd just build a fire to keep warm and cook on and use a head torch to light my way if and when I needed light. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by WatchyShooter » 13 Jun 2017, 9:11 pm

bigfellascott wrote:
WatchyShooter wrote:

Me I'd just build a fire to keep warm and cook on and use a head torch to light my way if and when I needed light. :thumbsup:

It’s quite a world we live in when a camping stove needs this on the product page;
Compatible with iOS and Android devices

Sorry Windows Phone users, no campfire for you
Firearm-less LAFO!
New shooter, guns to come soon!
WatchyShooter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by bigfellascott » 13 Jun 2017, 11:41 pm

WatchyShooter wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:
WatchyShooter wrote:

It’s quite a world we live in when a camping stove needs this on the product page;
Compatible with iOS and Android devices

Sorry Windows Phone users, no campfire for you

It is indeed a worry, people are being trained to rely on technology way too much, what happened to a good ol campfire and billy, now we need all sorts of fancy gadgets to do the same thing - the mind boggles as to what the future will be with all this technology to help us get by :unknown:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Daddybang » 14 Jun 2017, 7:37 am

I find it a little worrying thinking about what all these people are going to do if all that tech fails for some reason. :thumbsup:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 14 Jun 2017, 8:23 am

Daddybang wrote:I find it a little worrying thinking about what all these people are going to do if all that tech fails for some reason. :thumbsup:

People have lost their basic survival type skills, not good if something major happens in the world but I guess maybe it's Darwins way of thinning out the weak and stupid? :unknown:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Daddybang » 14 Jun 2017, 9:46 am

bigfellascott wrote:
Daddybang wrote:I find it a little worrying thinking about what all these people are going to do if all that tech fails for some reason. :thumbsup:

People have lost their basic survival type skills, not good if something major happens in the world but I guess maybe it's Darwins way of thinning out the weak and stupid? :unknown:

Yep I think ya right. :thumbsup:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Gwion » 14 Jun 2017, 9:58 am

These little stoves are great. Not convinced you need usb charge port but they work very well as I have seen them in action. Not the lightest or most compact item but still lighter and easier than carrying a stove & fuel for it.
Maybe not serious trekking gear but great option for a compact camp kit. Not all of us go camping with 3 semi trailers worth of gear, a spa, pizza oven, air conditioner and 85man tent like BFS! :lol: :P
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by bigfellascott » 14 Jun 2017, 4:05 pm

Gwion wrote:These little stoves are great. Not convinced you need usb charge port but they work very well as I have seen them in action. Not the lightest or most compact item but still lighter and easier than carrying a stove & fuel for it.
Maybe not serious trekking gear but great option for a compact camp kit. Not all of us go camping with 3 semi trailers worth of gear, a spa, pizza oven, air conditioner and 85man tent like BFS! :lol: :P

Ya forgot the Electric blankets and Genie :lol: I'm not into camping anymore, it's glamping or nothing now. :D
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by bigfellascott » 14 Jun 2017, 6:27 pm

This ones light and compact for those who need to carry a stove (got me f***ed why you would need one) when a simple fire does the same thing and costs nothing.

https://www.vargooutdoors.com/hexagon-b ... stove.html
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Gwion » 14 Jun 2017, 6:47 pm

Some campsites have restrictions on fires and some places have no proper fire wood available.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Daddybang » 14 Jun 2017, 7:02 pm

Gwion wrote:Some campsites have restrictions on fires and some places have no proper fire wood available.

That's why I enjoy the Cape plenty of true bush camps and ya can light a fire almost anywhere(except the daintree) and even the national parks have a good sized fire pit. Ya just can't collect firewood in them :crazy:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 14 Jun 2017, 7:10 pm

Gwion wrote:Some campsites have restrictions on fires and some places have no proper fire wood available.

Might as well stay in a motel then - fooled if I'd camp anywhere that you can't have a fire.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Gwion » 14 Jun 2017, 7:20 pm

I often walk into world heritage area to fish remote lakes and there's no fires allowed and bugger all wood.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Gwion » 14 Jun 2017, 7:28 pm

I often walk into world heritage area to fish remote lakes and there's no fires allowed and bugger all wood.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by bigfellascott » 14 Jun 2017, 7:34 pm

Gwion wrote:I often walk into world heritage area to fish remote lakes and there's no fires allowed and bugger all wood.

Hex stove - simple and cheap.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Gwion » 14 Jun 2017, 7:49 pm

I already have quite a few options for remote cooking.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by bigfellascott » 15 Jun 2017, 5:58 am

Gwion wrote:I already have quite a few options for remote cooking.

Sounds like you'd need em G - I'm lucky where I am, I can build a fire to keep warm and cook on whilst fishing etc. My mate has built a few fire buckets as we call them from 9kg gas bottles that he uses for his heating/cooking duties, we still have to mod it to make it work better, me personally I don't see a great need for it (good on wet days I guess) but for the most part just starting a fire the good ol way is like breathing to me, it just the normal/natural thing to do. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Return to Camping, fishing and outdoor recreation