Bio Lite campstove

Camping, fishing and outdoor recreational activities. Tips, equipment, accessories, hiking and outdoor cooking.

Re: Bio Lite campstove

Post by bigfellascott » 14 Jun 2017, 7:10 pm

Gwion wrote:Some campsites have restrictions on fires and some places have no proper fire wood available.

Might as well stay in a motel then - fooled if I'd camp anywhere that you can't have a fire.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Gwion » 14 Jun 2017, 7:20 pm

I often walk into world heritage area to fish remote lakes and there's no fires allowed and bugger all wood.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Gwion » 14 Jun 2017, 7:28 pm

I often walk into world heritage area to fish remote lakes and there's no fires allowed and bugger all wood.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by bigfellascott » 14 Jun 2017, 7:34 pm

Gwion wrote:I often walk into world heritage area to fish remote lakes and there's no fires allowed and bugger all wood.

Hex stove - simple and cheap.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Gwion » 14 Jun 2017, 7:49 pm

I already have quite a few options for remote cooking.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by bigfellascott » 15 Jun 2017, 5:58 am

Gwion wrote:I already have quite a few options for remote cooking.

Sounds like you'd need em G - I'm lucky where I am, I can build a fire to keep warm and cook on whilst fishing etc. My mate has built a few fire buckets as we call them from 9kg gas bottles that he uses for his heating/cooking duties, we still have to mod it to make it work better, me personally I don't see a great need for it (good on wet days I guess) but for the most part just starting a fire the good ol way is like breathing to me, it just the normal/natural thing to do. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Return to Camping, fishing and outdoor recreation