Camping last weekend NSW

Camping, fishing and outdoor recreational activities. Tips, equipment, accessories, hiking and outdoor cooking.

Camping last weekend NSW

Post by Mongrel » 05 Oct 2016, 6:36 pm

Well we finally made it too Narribri last weekend for 3 days of camping/shooting and relaxing :)
Ended up being a little further than google first told me, but all good i enjoy the drive.
We left around 3:45am and arrived around 1pm as we stopped a few times for piss breaks and stretch the legs.
Made it about 200m inside the property and bamn both cars were bogged lol. No biggie friend is coming tomorow and he can tow us out.
But it made the decision of were to camp so much easier lol.
I did plan to hunt while i was there but after 3 days of trying there wasnt a thing to be found not even a mouse lol..not that i would shoot one.
But in saying that i had the best weekend ive had in along time, just relaxing with friends, hiking and plinking targets all day and night.
I think we went through 1200-1400 22lr rounds and only used bout 60 308 rounds(all i had)
My little norinco surprised me and i was pinging golfballs at 70m. not every shot but alot of them for sure and if i did miss it wasnt by much.
Here is a couple pics i had on my phone, the rest my mates have on theres.

my car bogged.jpg
my car bogged
my car bogged.jpg (670.48 KiB) Viewed 3509 times

Toms car bogged.jpg
Mates car bogged
Toms car bogged.jpg (460.15 KiB) Viewed 3509 times

campsite.jpg
Campsite
campsite.jpg (595.99 KiB) Viewed 3509 times

campfire.jpg
Campfire
campfire.jpg (146.92 KiB) Viewed 3509 times

22 slaughter.jpg
Killed this poor saucepan we found lol
22 slaughter.jpg (636.01 KiB) Viewed 3509 times

targets.jpg
A 44 gallon drum lid, made a nice gong when u hit it
targets.jpg (765.94 KiB) Viewed 3509 times

P.S. Id like to thank Brett for his generosity and hospitality, had the best freakin weekend :drinks: :thumbsup:
Norinco 22lr
Howa 1500 308
Just the beginning :)
Mongrel
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Re: Camping last weekend NSW

Post by brett1868 » 05 Oct 2016, 10:04 pm

No worries mate and hopefully your trip will be drier and I can get up there with some of the heavy hitters not available in QLD :)
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 05 Oct 2016, 10:17 pm

Nice one mate, I've been avoiding much of the properties around my way due to the rain and resulting mud holes which I'm sure I would find if I ventured too far off track, we've had a good 4mths of rain with a few days a week where it doesn't rain, bloody well and truly over it too be honest, nearly got bogged getting wood the last few times out and even that's getting a bit tricky to do the ground is that saturated (paddocks are more like lakes now)

Well done Brett for sharing your property mate, very nice gesture indeed.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by brett1868 » 05 Oct 2016, 10:47 pm

And the world didn't end, the neighbours never complained, he didn't burn the place down and we're both happy. I did call Mongrel and asked if he had a plan B due to the weather and high probability of getting bogged but he was dead keen so who am I to dampen his enthusiasm. Sometimes it's the getting bogged or other hassles that make a trip more memorable, hopefully the kids had a ball and have some good stories to share back in school. All the rules, not that there were many were followed to the letter and I'd happily provide a reference for other property owners if needed.
Worked out saving me a heap of time and money cause after looking at the pics there's no way I'm heading up this weekend and I'll let my cuz know to hold off on the fencing a couple weeks to let the tracks dry out.
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by sandgroperbill » 05 Oct 2016, 11:41 pm

Yup. Turned out to be a win win. Nice job, Brett.
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Mongrel » 06 Oct 2016, 7:53 am

brett1868 wrote:No worries mate and hopefully your trip will be drier and I can get up there with some of the heavy hitters not available in QLD :)
Norinco 22lr
Howa 1500 308
Mongrel
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Mongrel » 06 Oct 2016, 3:44 pm

ok guess my last post didnt work as its just a quote and not my comment lol
Well i was just saying ive already started planning the next trip and hopefully have my car more suited for it.
And YESSSS bring some toys lots of toys :P
Norinco 22lr
Howa 1500 308
Mongrel
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Harts » 01 Dec 2016, 10:22 am

Are those bits of sheet metal nearby your DIY recovery tracks? :lol:
Harts
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Mongrel » 01 Dec 2016, 7:13 pm

Harts wrote:Are those bits of sheet metal nearby your DIY recovery tracks? :lol:

lol they were supposed to be, but didnt do anything...mate came the next day and we were out in seconds :)
Norinco 22lr
Howa 1500 308
Mongrel
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by brett1868 » 01 Dec 2016, 9:42 pm

Get in touch when you know the dates for the next adventure so I can organise a letter and the key. I'll be there sometime in the afternoon of the 2/1 or possibly the 3/1 depending on other commitments. If the timing works out I might put you to work for a couple hrs :)
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Chickenhawk » 02 Dec 2016, 9:40 am

Must have been tough cooking in that frying pan after :lol:
Chickenhawk
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal