The Bush is NOT Your Dumping Ground!

Camping, fishing and outdoor recreational activities. Tips, equipment, accessories, hiking and outdoor cooking.

Re: The Bush is NOT Your Dumping Ground!

Post by Gwion » 21 Oct 2016, 10:10 pm

Nice work saving the turtle! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by deadkitty » 22 Oct 2016, 8:29 am

Unfortunately Gwion, it does seem to be a nation wide problem, one of my local Bass fishing spots seems to be the favourite place for car thieves to dump and burn stolen cars...usually V8 or V6 utes.... I've reported three in the past 5 or so years. The wife and I cleaned up a load of rubbish thrown down the side of the riverbank, a total of around 6 plastic garbage bags worth. We passed the details of the dumper....who dumped old mail .... along to the council, who collected the rebagged rubbish. After every public holiday we clean up the side of our road, the worst offenders seem to be people who own brand new 4X4's. Then there are the" neat" ones who put their rubbish in a plastic bag and leave it by the side of the road...... clearly they have no idea about possums, dogs and other animals ripping the bags open. I've seen the dunny paper and turds right beside the river, people pump from this river for their homes....... nuff said, makes me sick. Cheers
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead, it's only difficult for the others,
it's the same when you are stupid.
deadkitty
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by catman » 22 Oct 2016, 6:33 pm

Hey folks,
we have free tip 35k's out from town,townie's are supposed to split loads,re:RECYCLE,ya reckon the Dheads do?NOOO, They choose to drop
anything from building waste to Aspestos UNRAPPED,because no one is watching,thanks to the COFFS HARBOUR builders/demolition teams.
Absolutely STOPS my grandchildren riding up there to "scab" as POP did 46yrs ago for fun on a Sundy arvo with the sluggy.What's wrong
with people today? Or am I getting old and grumpy?cheers catty
catman
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by darwindingo » 22 Oct 2016, 8:36 pm

Gee, Inappropriately disposed asbestos is pretty bad :wtf: People have to go there to dump, let alone the risk to the people that work day in day out at these waste management facilities.. very poor form :thumbsdown:
“Accidental Discharges” DO NOT OCCUR !!

An "Unintended Discharge" is nothing more than the lack of appropriate safety procedures or the failure to follow them..!

I love my country, but fear my government.
darwindingo
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by deadkitty » 23 Oct 2016, 6:56 am

catman wrote:Hey folks,

" Absolutely STOPS my grandchildren riding up there to "scab" as POP did 46yrs ago for fun on a Sundy arvo with the sluggy.What''s wrong with people today? Or am I getting old and grumpy?cheers catty

Ah yes, I remember the days, sailing on an up-turned car bonnet on a "sea" of toxic sludge, chasing snakes around, scrounging parts for billy carts and generally having fun....not sure it was that safe :unknown: ...but it was fun! :thumbsup: If you're getting old and grumpy, :welcome: you're not the only one :lol: Cheers
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead, it's only difficult for the others,
it's the same when you are stupid.
deadkitty
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by darwindingo » 24 Oct 2016, 8:49 pm

I once found a dumped disk brake LSD, it was in very good shape... Sold it for 1K... Cleaning up after others, does have its rewards :thumbsup:

:drinks:

An "Unintended Discharge" is nothing more than the lack of appropriate safety procedures or the failure to follow them..!

darwindingo
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by Gwion » 24 Oct 2016, 9:29 pm

There's an engine block in the creek under my bridge and a few old car carcasses lying around my place. Your welcome to them but I don't think you'll get much for them! :lol:
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by darwindingo » 24 Oct 2016, 10:14 pm

Gwion wrote:There's an engine block in the creek under my bridge and a few old car carcasses lying around my place. Your welcome to them but I don't think you'll get much for them! :lol:

:lol: You never know mate.. Depending on what the old cars are they may actually be worth something ? Its surprising what some people can restore :shock:

I take it you are back home now ? Delivered the last rights on anything with the priest yet ? :)

darwindingo
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by Gwion » 25 Oct 2016, 3:41 am

Yep... Back home. No time for fishing or anything. Rebuilding the kitchen. Then installing two semi buried sea containers for brewery cellar, then build post & rail fence & installing auto irrigation. Then building a little side shed for garden tools and water pumps to free up space for timber prep. Then building a stone feature wall as a fireplace outside and stone steps down to the chooks & orchard. All while brewing and getting bee out. All by Christmas....

Why do we do these things to ourselves???
:shock: :wtf: :crazy:
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Gwion » 25 Oct 2016, 3:46 am

Anyway.... These old vas are WELL past any restoration.

One is a very old Ford (I think) ute. Full of bullet holes where some has been plinking at it in the distant past and folded almost in half from where someone wrapped it around a tree.
The others are just decaying bits.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by happyhunter » 25 Oct 2016, 8:40 am

darwindingo wrote:
Gwion wrote:There's an engine block in the creek under my bridge and a few old car carcasses lying around my place. Your welcome to them but I don't think you'll get much for them! :lol:

:lol: You never know mate.. Depending on what the old cars are they may actually be worth something ? Its surprising what some people can restore :shock:

I take it you are back home now ? Delivered the last rights on anything with the priest yet ? :)

There is a spot in Wombat Forest where somebody dumped a few XY falcons. They have probably been there 20-30 years but if I had to guess, it's the leftovers of somebodies GT restroration project. One of the dumped vehicles is a gold color original GS wagon. The forest growth has taken them to pieces.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by RealNick » 26 Oct 2016, 4:01 pm

Supaduke wrote: That roo has been working out, might be time for a leg day

Flexing for his Tinder photo :lol:
RealNick
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Return to Camping, fishing and outdoor recreation