What's your best/worst camping tale?!

Camping, fishing and outdoor recreational activities. Tips, equipment, accessories, hiking and outdoor cooking.

Re: What's your best/worst camping tale?!

Post by chacho » 03 Feb 2017, 10:41 am

42 degree day.

Tent with no ventilation / mesh.

Was like being steamed in a plastic bag.
chacho
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 14 Jun 2017, 4:48 pm

I just had a bad one yesterday & today. Headed off to chase some fallow.

Slept in so running late.
Developed diarrhea on the way. So had the s**ts most of the day.
Got an email that I didnt get the job I was after.(again)
Was setting up camp and used the compass in my near new mobile to find east.
Two hours later cant find the mobile. Must have spent 4 hrs searching.($400 mobile now lost. No coverage in the area so no chance of going back and calling my own #, was on silent anyway. Always do this when hunting except when in camp)
Already had a touch of conjunctivitis when I left and by second day getting bad.
And of course no deer.

Will get hit by a bus tomorrow.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Gwion » 14 Jun 2017, 7:09 pm

That sucks, OB. Go to bed and stay there for 2 days!!!
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by YoungBuck » 15 Jun 2017, 10:53 am

Bad luck OB, some days just go to sh*t. I find most of my bad days start when I am running late for something, you end up getting off on the wrong foot and ends up being one this after the other.
It'll shoot the fleas off a dog's back at five hundred yards, Tannen, and it's pointed straight at your head!
YoungBuck
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by bigpete » 15 Jun 2017, 7:57 pm

Took my wife camping with my dad. Enough said
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Supaduke » 16 Jun 2017, 9:37 pm

bigpete wrote:Took my wife camping with my dad. Enough said

That sent a shiver down my spine followed by a slideshow of horror scenarios lol
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Bigjobss » 28 Jun 2017, 7:57 pm

My old man getting drunk around the campfire and crawling around in the dark only to find his handgun fell out of the holster and down a wombat hole, that was a fun 2 hours of searching in the dark on a cold night I will never forget.
Bigjobss

Post by bigfellascott » 29 Jun 2017, 4:02 pm

I went Glamping in -8 weather the other weekend, everything froze but I was lovely and toasty in my Big Daddy Deluxe Swag with the electric blanket on to warm it up before I got in, then I just switched it off as I was too warm :lol:

Gotta love "Glamping".
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Hugh » 11 Nov 2017, 10:12 am

brett1868 wrote:I went on a 10 day road trip in the late 80's with a mate, on the first leg Sydney to Broken Hill a full 1L bottle of G.I Lime cordial leaked in the fridge and marinated all the meat. For the next 3 nights were eating green steak, sausages and chops but the most surprising bit was just how good they tasted. Who'd have imagined that meat soaked in cordial would taste so good.

You should try meat in Coke :thumbsup:
Hugh
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by YoungBuck » 19 Dec 2017, 5:13 pm

Oldbloke wrote:Two hours later cant find the mobile. Must have spent 4 hrs searching.($400 mobile now lost. No coverage in the area so no chance of going back and calling my own #, was on silent anyway. Always do this when hunting except when in camp)

Quite the late post on this, have a think about purchasing a Tile for your phone in the event that happens again (https://www.thetileapp.com/en-us/products/mate).
Normally you use your phone to find the item your tile is attached to, but it also works the other way around - if you can get within bluetooth range of your phone, you can make it ring even if its on silent.
It'll shoot the fleas off a dog's back at five hundred yards, Tannen, and it's pointed straight at your head!
YoungBuck
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Hoot » 19 Dec 2017, 5:48 pm

My worst was easily camping in Lithgow, it wasn't a holiday and just an overnight stop in winter and I thought a makeshift bed in the back of the ute in the caravan park would get me through. I don't think I could have been any colder if I went camping on Mars, f*** me swinging I must have only made it through the night thanks to jackhammer shivering!

It's forever cemented Lithgow in my mind, and not in a positive way!
Hoot
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Return to Camping, fishing and outdoor recreation