Sleeping in a swag

Camping, fishing and outdoor recreational activities. Tips, equipment, accessories, hiking and outdoor cooking.

Re: Sleeping in a swag

Post by mobo » 23 Jan 2014, 12:23 pm

Ended up finding a good one at BCF half price for $150.

In built self inflating mattress, water proof but the top comes off to just have a flyscreen top if it's good weather.

Just needs a tent peg on each end to setup. Feels good, hopefully break it in next weekend :D
Mossberg 802 Plinkster 22LR

Savage Stevens 200 .270 Winchester
mobo
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Combat_Wombat » 10 Mar 2014, 10:36 pm

I've slept swags my whole life (all 21 years of it) and never had problem. The best design to go for is where either end has a rope tied to a ute, tree etc. to get rid of that claustrophobic feeling
Remington 700 CDL .270
Rossi M92 44mag
CZ 452 deluxe .22LR
Howa 1500 .204
Savage FVSR 22
Combat_Wombat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Elek » 11 Mar 2014, 7:43 am

I'm definitely keen for a swag.

Getting a tent up is fine, but it's such a pain in the ass packing it all up at the end of a trip when you're knackered.
Remington 700 SPS Tactical in .308 Win
Remington 700 XCR Tactical Long Range in .223 Rem
Bushnell Elite Tactical ERS 4.5-30x 50mm
Elek
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by benny » 11 Mar 2014, 9:07 am

tom604 wrote:swag on a stretcher comfy as, you don't need a new mattress and as you are off the ground its warmer

couldn't agree more, went form tent, to swag on the floor now to swag on a stretcher and just as comfy as my bed at home. and i just setup under my awning on the side of the 4bie.

easy as to setup too, as said earlier fold out the stretcher and unroll the swag and sit back and have a beer while mucks around with their tents!
benny
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by Hugh » 04 Nov 2017, 7:31 pm

Combat_Wombat wrote:I've slept swags my whole life (all 21 years of it) and never had problem. The best design to go for is where either end has a rope tied to a ute, tree etc. to get rid of that claustrophobic feeling

AAhhhh to be 21 again,back then I didn't even worry about a matress or swag just a 1945 canvas 10 x 8 ft folded in half,and a couple of blankets and if it was really cold in the snow the dog got to join me,nowadays they would have to call the air ambulance in the morning.
Hugh
Private
Private

Victoria

Return to Camping, fishing and outdoor recreation