Left the sleeping bag in the tent... mistake!

Camping, fishing and outdoor recreational activities. Tips, equipment, accessories, hiking and outdoor cooking.

Re: Left the sleeping bag in the tent... mistake!

Post by Gwion » 29 Jun 2017, 7:15 am

Daddybang wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:We used to get mold issues in the house we rented, we used vinegar and whilst it got rid of it for a while it would come back, then I found out about Oil of Cloves and used that, the mold has never come back since.

How do ya use the oil . I assume ya dilute it.?
Will have to give it a try. The mold during the wet is a pain in the arse so always happy to try a different ideas. If I chucked kit out because of a bit of mold I wouldn't be able to afford to shoot. :drinks:

I get what you are saying, Daddybang but a bit of mould regularly dealt with is a lot different to a sleeping bag that has been left wet for two weeks to totally fester to the point described in the OP. Nothing is gonna save that thing!!! Sometimes you really are better of just replacing gear and taking it as the learning curve and improve your maintenance regime.
Last edited by Gwion on 29 Jun 2017, 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Daddybang » 29 Jun 2017, 8:07 am

Gwion wrote:
Daddybang wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:We used to get mold issues in the house we rented, we used vinegar and whilst it got rid of it for a while it would come back, then I found out about Oil of Cloves and used that, the mold has never come back since.

Will have to give it a try. The mold during the wet is a pain in the arse so always happy to try a different ideas. If I chucked kit out because of a bit of mold I wouldn't be able to afford to shoot. :drinks:

I get what you are saying, Daddybang but a bit of moulde regularly felt with is a lot different to a sleeping bag that has been left wet for two weeks to totally fester to the point described in the OP. Nothing is gonna save that thing!!! Sometimes you really are better of just replacing gear and taking it as the learning curve and improve you maintenance regime,

Yeah mate I understand what ya saying. I'm probably a bit of a tight arse. :friends:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 29 Jun 2017, 3:55 pm

Daddybang wrote:

Yeah from memory I just put some in the mop bucket and used the mop to put it on the ceiling in the Bathroom and walls in some of the bedrooms that seemed to have mold issues, I've also used it in spray bottles too and so far so go with no signs of it coming back. I think we got the oil of cloves from the chemist from memory, it didn't cost bugger all and seems effective (plenty of people around here use it as we can be quite damp over the winter mths etc (things are very slow to dry here in winter).
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Daddybang » 29 Jun 2017, 4:05 pm

Thanks for that BFS will add it to the weekend list of things to get in town and give it a try :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 29 Jun 2017, 7:50 pm

Daddybang wrote:Thanks for that BFS will add it to the weekend list of things to get in town and give it a try :drinks:

Too easy mate hopefully it helps. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Return to Camping, fishing and outdoor recreation