Ridiculous penalty for taking dogs into a National Park, VIC

Camping, fishing and outdoor recreational activities. Tips, equipment, accessories, hiking and outdoor cooking.

Re: Ridiculous penalty for taking dogs into a National Park,

Post by Diamond Jim » 30 Apr 2020, 10:00 pm

Different dogs behave differently. My old bloke would never venture out of my sight and never chased any animal (seagulls on the beach don't count do they?). I've seen others that would chase and kill anything that moved. The idiots who write these laws clearly don't spend any time around well trained dogs. It has to do with having the dog under control and that can be confined in a vehicle, on a leash or otherwise.
Listing your firearms is as good as a fingerprint.
Diamond Jim
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Blr243 » 01 May 2020, 6:24 am

Blanket rule to cover all bases ... rangers have not got the time to stake out people walking their poodles responsibly and following them to ensure the poodle does not chase anything during a 5 k walk .....they need these rules so that when they catch pig hunters in Nat parks they can successfully prosecute them. And they need to be doing this to discourage peo0le from taking dogs into the park and losing them there ..... a cassowary might be able to chase away two dingoes but not so easy dealing with a couple of mastiff crosses
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 01 May 2020, 6:25 am

It’s a shame because our dogs are part of the family and a weekend away in the bush is more complete with the entire family
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Previous

Return to Camping, fishing and outdoor recreation