Its that time of the year again

Camping, fishing and outdoor recreational activities. Tips, equipment, accessories, hiking and outdoor cooking.

Its that time of the year again

Post by marksman » 01 Sep 2017, 5:24 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Re: Its that time of the year again

Post by Daddybang » 01 Sep 2017, 5:39 pm

Live bait? :D :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by marksman » 01 Sep 2017, 7:02 pm

no mate, a salmon chunk wrapped in a squid ring on an 8/0 circle
the outside water in bass straight is nearly the same temp as in Port Philip so it will be going right off very soon :thumbsup:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Rikta » 01 Sep 2017, 8:00 pm

havent bothered fishing this year, slamon everywhere etc etc (they taste crap) and plenty other stuff about, but yeah too cold, windy, wet, more fun shootin lol
Rem .270
Howa .223
Ruger 22lr
Lanber 12g
Rossi 410g
Rikta
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Gwion » 02 Sep 2017, 7:02 am

Nice... I'd love a spot of snapper fishing.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Daddybang » 02 Sep 2017, 7:37 am

I absolutely love fishin but I'm the first to admit that I'm the most useless fisherman ya ever met. When everyone else is catching Barra or jacks I'm there catching catties. :lol: :thumbsup:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Bigjobss » 02 Sep 2017, 11:12 am

bentaz wrote:
Daddybang wrote:I absolutely love fishin but I'm the first to admit that I'm the most useless fisherman ya ever met. When everyone else is catching Barra or jacks I'm there catching catties. :lol: :thumbsup:

That was always me when we lived up north, i dont even bother in Victoria, lol! :unknown:

I have fished in every state in Australia and Victoria has got to be the worst by far, I would own a boat in a heartbeat if I lived anywhere else. Good thing I have mates with boats that dont hunt and I keep supplied with game meat in exchange for time on the water, but damn the time and money they put into their boats is never ending.

On the flipside we have the best deer and duck hunting options and regulations so I am not complaining.
Bigjobss

Post by BRNO_Bigot » 02 Sep 2017, 2:56 pm

Bigjobss wrote:
bentaz wrote:
Daddybang wrote:I absolutely love fishin but I'm the first to admit that I'm the most useless fisherman ya ever met. When everyone else is catching Barra or jacks I'm there catching catties. :lol: :thumbsup:

That was always me when we lived up north, i dont even bother in Victoria, lol! :unknown:

I have fished in every state in Australia and Victoria has got to be the worst by far, I would own a boat in a heartbeat if I lived anywhere else. Good thing I have mates with boats that dont hunt and I keep supplied with game meat in exchange for time on the water, but damn the time and money they put into their boats is never ending.

On the flipside we have the best deer and duck hunting options and regulations so I am not complaining.

Yeah, well - you know the definition of a boat?

It's a hole in the water you throw money into ... :allegedly:

:twisted: A friend who is a yachtsman agreed with that.
--
It's only when you look at an ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny
day that you realise how often they burst into flames.
BRNO_Bigot
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Australian Capital Territory

Post by Gwion » 02 Sep 2017, 3:03 pm

Bust Out Another Thousand: it's an acronym! :lol:
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Bigjobss » 02 Sep 2017, 4:01 pm

Ahahah both definitions are hilarious.
Salt water is a bitch.
Bigjobss

Post by Dunxy » 02 Sep 2017, 4:14 pm

Ahh, the good old red carp! Ive been keeping eye on the water temps and predicted a few weeks ago it was going to be an early season and there has been a fair few good fish around for those that put in the effort! Mates have got bags of decent fish from both black rock and port melbourne land based. I don't fish for them much anymore, kind of got snappered out! I used to pull more fish early season tea bagging plastics over bait.Was a few season in a row i was out multiple times a weak, had just gotten my first boat and was always chasing a 10kg+, after years of catching school fish and my biggest being only 7.5kg. I also made the bad mistake of fishing up north a fair bit and got jaded by quality of fish up there, both in eating and fighting.
Not enough characters!
Dunxy
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Bigjobss » 02 Sep 2017, 6:18 pm

Dunxy wrote:Ahh, the good old red carp! Ive been keeping eye on the water temps and predicted a few weeks ago it was going to be an early season and there has been a fair few good fish around for those that put in the effort! Mates have got bags of decent fish from both black rock and port melbourne land based. I don't fish for them much anymore, kind of got snappered out! I used to pull more fish early season tea bagging plastics over bait.Was a few season in a row i was out multiple times a weak, had just gotten my first boat and was always chasing a 10kg+, after years of catching school fish and my biggest being only 7.5kg. I also made the bad mistake of fishing up north a fair bit and got jaded by quality of fish up there, both in eating and fighting.

My final nail.was when I was up in far north WA for work and went out for a fish with my contractors, no sounder or GPS, just a 3.5m tinny a couple kms from shore and locals that knew their s**t, first drop the locals were laughing at my paternoster rig with two hooks, I soon found out why when I had a 5kg+ GT and a 10kg+ black mulloway on my line fighting against eachother.
After an hour was sick of catching fish, seeing a 25kg+ mulloway expertly caught on a handline was a spectacle I wont forget.
Bigjobss

Post by Gwion » 02 Sep 2017, 6:38 pm

Stop it. You're making me want a holiday in WA!!!
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Oldbloke » 03 Sep 2017, 10:58 am

Gwion wrote:Stop it. You're making me want a holiday in WA!!!

I agree, sick bastards. ;)
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by marksman » 03 Sep 2017, 7:57 pm

I agree the fishing can be a bit slow in Vic
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 04 Sep 2017, 7:06 am

marksman wrote:I agree the fishing can be a bit slow in Vic

As the saying goes A bad days fishing beats the hell out of a good day at work :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by juststarting » 04 Sep 2017, 9:03 pm

Rikta wrote:too cold, windy, wet, more fun shootin lol

That sounds like deer hunting :P
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain