Us trip 6.0

Camping, fishing and outdoor recreational activities. Tips, equipment, accessories, hiking and outdoor cooking.

Us trip 6.0

Post by Hugh » 01 Nov 2017, 7:03 pm

With the sales on airline tickets last couple of weeks we booked our next trip to the states and Canada,this time we are going to drive to Alaska.Tickets were as low as $840 return,but for our dates it was just under a grand each,we could have got them for $870 but involved a 5 hour layover in NZ.From LA we are driving to Victorville about 2 hours[I have driven straight to Vegas before but its a struggle]Then to Vegas for 3 days of shopping, sight seeing and rest after flight,we are staying at the Luxor[next to Mandalay bay]we have stayed here before but this time we got a great deal for a suite in the luxury tower[anybody into bikes I recommend hiring an Indian motocycle for $99 a day]Luxor also has one of the best buffets in town..Then to Saltlake city[cabelas and scheels]Then Billings though Yellowstone[one of our favorite places on earth]Billings also has Cabelas and Scheels.Up though Kalispell[cab]to Invermere CA..Then along the Icefields Parkway to Hinton where we take the so called scenic route to AK about 4 days to Fairbanks AK for a couple of nights.Then we head south for a few hours for a weeks stay at Gate Creek Cabins Trapper creek[google the place]this place has wolves,wolverines,moose and bear.We were there last year and moose walked past cabin multiple times and had bear s**t and tracks all round it,a lake stocked with rainbows.From there we are heading to Valdez for a night before heading south again back though CA to Abbotsford [https://www.vrbo.com/845767#photos] for a few days the back into US looking around the Rockies for about a week before 3 days rest in Reno before we fly home.
Hugh
Private
Private

Victoria

Re: Us trip 6.0

Post by wrenchman » 02 Nov 2017, 5:53 am

have fun
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Cooper » 02 Nov 2017, 11:34 am

Sounds good. My missus wants to go to US next. I don't like leaving home. But sounds like a good trip.
Cooper
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by pete1 » 02 Nov 2017, 4:44 pm

Sounds like good trip, who are you flying with?
22LR
12G
12G
12G
pete1
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Hugh » 04 Nov 2017, 5:39 am

United not our first choice,but it was available for our dates.First choice is Virgin,then air NZ then Qantas
Hugh
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Hugh » 04 Nov 2017, 5:53 am

We have been lucky enough to see the 3 types of moose in nth America,on trip 3 we drove from LA to Maine to see our first moose not 2 miles over the border from CA on JFK hwy,ended up seeing 4 in first day.lookup Kokadjo that's where we stayed a couple of times now in log cabin right on lake.On last trip to AK we saw at least 5 a day and on drive back from lower 48 to Vancouver we cut though Yellowstone and did the Bear tooth hwy we saw the third type of moose.
Hugh
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by RealNick » 15 Nov 2017, 2:56 pm

Have a blast mate!

Don't forget to fire a few full-autos and pump shotties while you're there ;)
RealNick
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Hugh » 16 Nov 2017, 3:27 pm

When I work out how to do it I will post a couple of movies of me emptying a couple of mags on full auto at the range over there.
Hugh
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Antie » 17 Nov 2017, 1:53 pm

Make a YouTube account.

Pretty straight forward to upload them and get a link to share where you like :)
Antie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Hugh » 18 Nov 2017, 5:34 am

Hugh
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by SomeoneElse » 18 Nov 2017, 6:35 am

Dispense that freedom! Awesome.

SomeoneElse
SomeoneElse
Recruit
Recruit

-

Post by marksman » 18 Nov 2017, 9:20 am

hey Hugh you lucky bastard I gave you your first like :thumbsup: :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by RoginaJack » 18 Nov 2017, 11:06 am

Cooper wrote:Sounds good. My missus wants to go to US next. I don't like leaving home. But sounds like a good trip.

Why not send the missus over with Hugh? You're happy, get to stay home and the missus gets to see America, Problem solved!! :lol:
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Hugh » 18 Nov 2017, 12:52 pm

RoginaJack wrote:
Cooper wrote:Sounds good. My missus wants to go to US next. I don't like leaving home. But sounds like a good trip.

Why not send the missus over with Hugh? You're happy, get to stay home and the missus gets to see America, Problem solved!! :lol:

Don't think my missus would be happy with that.
Hugh
Private
Private

Victoria

Return to Camping, fishing and outdoor recreation