Enough Gun Gay Mardi Gras Float?

Camping, fishing and outdoor recreational activities. Tips, equipment, accessories, hiking and outdoor cooking.

Re: Forum meet up, camp n plink. Who's keen?

Post by darwindingo » 07 Nov 2017, 9:40 pm

bentaz wrote:MODS due to this being a public forum is there a way that we can have a sealed section where more specific plans can be discussed on an invite only or a certain post count accessible section to keep out shoebridge and trouble makers?

Now that sounds like a good idea, but to prevent the suggested nobs... How about an apply to join private group discussion that requires X% or X/ No. of supporting members of the group to support the application, along with MOD approval and override ability of course.... Perhaps even a nominal donation towards a pro shooting organization or the forum could be required also, If one is accepted as eligible to to the private area of the forum ? :unknown:

I like the Idea of balanced and slightly restricted use of private areas of a forum.. As it may also encourage additional members to sign up and make the required efforts to be able to view and contribute to such areas of the forum... Although I feel that such private areas should be only used for such reasons that Bentaz suggested to avoid the potential for general useful information becoming lost within an exclusive members thing..... (not that I think any of our members would want that at all)...

:drinks:
“Accidental Discharges” DO NOT OCCUR !!

An "Unintended Discharge" is nothing more than the lack of appropriate safety procedures or the failure to follow them..!

I love my country, but fear my government.
darwindingo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by juststarting » 07 Nov 2017, 9:51 pm

@betaz - if mods say no, Google group. Can set one up if you want... Or a Skype chat room. Orrrrrr an email thread.
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Victoria

Post by Stix » 07 Nov 2017, 10:25 pm

bentaz wrote:I'm OK with a range I guess if we can find one that will let us us camp for the night, I'm keen to have a cold one or two with some of you blokes.
Brett has suggested mildura as a possible place where we can camp, BBQ and shoot anything ( big .50s, handguns, whatever). I know its a bit of travel for some here, but no more for us Mexicans than it is for Brett and it opens it up for other Welshmen and our S.A.members... ... ...

Although we would all like an activity like this close to us, this idea seems like a sensible one...a more centralised place so more people can come from random directions & surrounding/neighbouring states...
Fair & encouraging to as many as possible...like the forum itself.

Im sure more folk would be keen to travel for such an event...

Maybe even have more than one "initial event"/ie; 2 or more dates with a coordinator per event, thus giving more people an opportunity to get involved...

Gees it could end up like the movie Fight Club with branches opening up in random state forests across the country lol...
"The first rule of Enough Gun Club is you dont talk about the calibres used in Enough Gun... ... ..."
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Daddybang » 08 Nov 2017, 5:35 am

Mongrel wrote:Damn, Victoria is sooo far away :(
Would love to go but too far im afraid

I know what ya mean!!! :thumbsup:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by brett1868 » 08 Nov 2017, 7:55 am

Mongrel, I've got a container on the block now that provides a primitive level of accommodation, Maybe we can organise a weekend out there for the banana bender contingent. Not much game to shoot but there's 400 acres to plink away on with any calibre you fancy.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

New South Wales

Post by Mongrel » 08 Nov 2017, 4:17 pm

brett1868 wrote:Mongrel, I've got a container on the block now that provides a primitive level of accommodation, Maybe we can organise a weekend out there for the banana bender contingent. Not much game to shoot but there's 400 acres to plink away on with any calibre you fancy.

Thats sounds like a great idea Brett, going to have to be after summer as it gets stinking hot out there and the spiders are in full swing(well they were last xmas i was there).
I can handle the heat, but not sure its everyones cup of tea.

Maybe try to organise one for say 1st school holidays next year? which is march, or wait till 2nd ones then it will def be cooler.
i know thats a fair way away just thinking of the heat.
Also not just the banana benders, im sure the nsw's guys will wanna meet up :)
Norinco 22lr
Howa 1500 308
Just the beginning :)
Mongrel
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by juststarting » 08 Nov 2017, 4:20 pm

What we need to do, is form a committee. And basically make sure that everyone is happy, vegan dietry requirements are catered for and portaporties are installed and air-conditioned. Brett will personally collect all the spiders and relocate them 20km down, where they won't feel out of place.

If everyone could send their dietry requirements to ffs@justbegrateful.com it'd be great.
---
juststarting
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Victoria

Post by Supaduke » 08 Nov 2017, 4:27 pm

I need gluten free and a safe space.
Supaduke
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by juststarting » 08 Nov 2017, 4:35 pm

We are not building a gunroom for you!
---
juststarting
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Victoria

Post by juststarting » 08 Nov 2017, 4:36 pm

Cement is gluten free. :)
---
juststarting
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Victoria

Post by jmr22 » 08 Nov 2017, 4:37 pm

make sure that any and all frogs/ants/lizards/etc are not impinged upon with this little shindig, otherwise ill have to get my good mates SHY and bobby brown down there to wash your camp away with tears.... :violin:
.177 auto pellet gun
.22lr Marlin box
.22lr Marlin tube mag
.243 Sterling
.30-06 Argentinian
12ga Armed o/u
12ga straight pull STP
jmr22
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by sungazer » 08 Nov 2017, 4:43 pm

deep breath then Nike comes to Mind "Just do it" We could get a Regular Range day at Shepparton on a certain Sunday they cater out to 300yrds. Last time I was there regular shooting gallery with benches with cease fires when you manage/supply your own targets. Plenty of camping spots we could choose from in the area. No shooting off the Range. For longer ranges at a later date if this was successful I could have a word to some clubs that have 600-900yrd Ranges in that sort of general area or elsewhere in the state or as Brett says he has contacts for ranges run by other societies. Distances means more issues time taken ect or extra paid markers ect, but doable for a club fund raiser.
sungazer
Major
Major

Other

Post by juststarting » 08 Nov 2017, 4:49 pm

Can't see how shooting at those distances could be fun. I mean, sure, it's a nice range day shooting groups, don't know about the rest, but when I do that, that's me time. No people allowed. It won't be fun with a crowd, all sitting there at benches, punching holes in paper... Meh. Busting clays, cans and full softdrink bottles with iron sights is where it's at :)
---
juststarting
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Victoria

Post by juststarting » 08 Nov 2017, 5:07 pm

Yeah, why not...
---
juststarting
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Victoria

Post by Supaduke » 08 Nov 2017, 5:28 pm

Would have to be after Christmas, but with a bit of notice I would gladly show up. Will bring milsurps and gongs. And levers. And clays. And novelty targets. And beer. And prostitu...ummm snacks.
Supaduke
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Bent Arrow » 08 Nov 2017, 5:30 pm

bentaz wrote:How many people here would travel to mildura for a meet, camp, shoot, BBQ a few beers?
That is if Brett can organize the place for us.

I would be a "possible". It's within driving distance for me, the wife and kids could catch up with friends (we used to live in Mildura). Dates would need to line up with work, kids school etc which isn't easy. I know it's all but impossible to get a date that works for everyone so don't plan around me.........
Bent Arrow
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

South Australia

Post by juststarting » 08 Nov 2017, 5:48 pm

Supaduke, made me think of Bender's quote...
---
juststarting
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Victoria

Post by AusTac » 08 Nov 2017, 6:43 pm

I'm going to be feeling sick on the friday if we organize to have a weekend shoot in mildura
Certified part time hillbilly
AusTac
Captain
Captain

-

PreviousNext

Return to Camping, fishing and outdoor recreation