Building a proper first aid kit

Camping, fishing and outdoor recreational activities. Tips, equipment, accessories, hiking and outdoor cooking.

Re: Building a proper first aid kit

Post by Bigjobss » 02 Feb 2018, 2:55 pm

Daddybang wrote:A bit of knowledge about bush medicine doesn't hurt to have either. Lots of plants in this country that can be used. I wil add that ya don't ever use'em unless ya know what ya doing many plants can be helpful or harmful depending on how they're prepped and many plants that look similar can have very different effects. :thumbsup:

A skill I have always wanted to have thanks to Malcolm Douglas, about time I learned a new skill.
I did learn about a native pepper bush in the Vic alps last year and used some when cooking up some freshly caught trout just metres away, that was pretty cool.
Bigjobss
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Noisydad » 02 Feb 2018, 3:13 pm

Chuck in chemical cold pack or two for sprains etc
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 02 Feb 2018, 4:14 pm

Bigjobss wrote:
Daddybang wrote:A bit of knowledge about bush medicine doesn't hurt to have either. Lots of plants in this country that can be used. I wil add that ya don't ever use'em unless ya know what ya doing many plants can be helpful or harmful depending on how they're prepped and many plants that look similar can have very different effects. :thumbsup:

A skill I have always wanted to have thanks to Malcolm Douglas, about time I learned a new skill.
I did learn about a native pepper bush in the Vic alps last year and used some when cooking up some freshly caught trout just metres away, that was pretty cool.

We have a pepper vine in the rainforest up here but if ya eat to much of it ya end up sh@tting yaself!! :lol:
I've run tours around the cape for about twelve years and bushtucker/medicine is a little bit of a obsession with me I love to teach the punters and to learn more every chance I get!! :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Bigjobss » 02 Feb 2018, 6:19 pm

Learning and teaching are two things a person should never stop doing.

I hope to get up north within the next couple years for a look around the bush for some hunting adventures.
Bigjobss
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 02 Feb 2018, 7:05 pm

Bigjobs if ya ever comin my way give me a shout. Always got a coldie in the fridge and something to throw on a bbq plate. :drinks:
Daddybang
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Bigjobss » 03 Feb 2018, 6:22 am

Daddybang wrote:Bigjobs if ya ever comin my way give me a shout. Always got a coldie in the fridge and something to throw on a bbq plate. :drinks:

Much obliged, generous offer and one I would take up :drinks:
Bigjobss
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 04 Feb 2018, 11:32 am

Bigjobss wrote:
Daddybang wrote:Bigjobs if ya ever comin my way give me a shout. Always got a coldie in the fridge and something to throw on a bbq plate. :drinks:

Much obliged, generous offer and one I would take up :drinks:

No worries. If ya need a property letter to carry ya rifles (saves getting a visitor license) let me know beforehand. :drinks:
Daddybang
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Previous

Return to Camping, fishing and outdoor recreation